Monday, July 20, 2009
1. Wes is not only a douchebag but he is a p word as well. If he is going to act the way he did on national television he needs to show up and take his lumps like the rest of the bachelors.
2. Jake just needs to shut up. Stop talking about how hurt you are and move on. I feel as if he is too contrived for words and I hope that he is not picked to be the next bachelor.
3. David is still an ass and will never actually grow up. The man code thing is lame and stupid. Grow up frat boy and act like a real man.
4. I wish that the show had spent more time with Michael. He was one of my favorites and I love his sincerity.
5. You may think Tanner P is weird but you have to admit that there is no one like him.
6. I knew that we had not seen the last of Reid. I still don't know who she picks (if anyone) but at least he attempts to get a fair shot.
7. I was never a Juan fan but just leave the guy alone. Focus on your own shit and let him be who he wants to be.
What did you think about tonight's episode? Were the guys too practiced or genuine? Did anyone stand out as a real great one that got away? OK back to vacation for me.
Thursday, July 16, 2009
BEST DRAMA SERIES
- 'Big Love'
- 'Mad Men'
BEST ACTOR, DRAMA SERIES
- Bryan Cranston, 'Breaking Bad'
- Michael C. Hall, 'Dexter'
- Hugh Laurie, 'House'
- Gabriel Byrne, 'In Treatment'
- Jon Hamm, 'Mad Men'
- Simon Baker, 'The Mentalist'
BEST ACTRESS, DRAMA SERIES
- Sally Field, 'Brothers and Sisters'
- Kyra Sedgwick, 'The Closer'
- Glenn Close, 'Damages'
- Mariska Hargitay, 'Law & Order: SVU'
- Elisabeth Moss, 'Mad Men'
- Holly Hunter, 'Saving Grace'
BEST SUPPORTING ACTRESS, DRAMA SERIES
- Rose Byrne, 'Damages'
- Sandra Oh, 'Grey's Anatomy'
- Chandra Wilson, 'Grey's Anatomy'
- Dianne Wiest, In Treatment'
- Hope Davis, 'In Treatment'
- Cherry Jones, '24'
BEST SUPPORTING ACTOR, COMEDY SERIES
- Kevin Dillon, 'Entourage'
- Neil Patrick Harris, 'How I Met Your Mother'
- Rainn Wilson, 'The Office'
- Tracy Morgan, '30 Rock'
- Jack McBrayer, '30 Rock'
- Jon Cryer, 'Two And A Half Men'
BEST SUPPORTING ACTOR, DRAMA SERIES
- William Shatner, 'Boston Legal'
- Christian Clemenson, 'Boston Legal'
- Aaron Paul, 'Breaking Bad'
- William Hurt, 'Damages'
- Michael Emerson, 'Lost'
- John Slattery, 'Mad Men'
BEST COMEDY SERIES
- Family Guy
- Flight Of The Conchords
- How I Met Your Mother
- The Office
- 30 Rock
BEST ACTOR, COMEDY SERIES
- Jim Parsons, 'The Big Bang Theory'
- Jemaine Clement, 'Flight Of The Conchords'
- Tony Shalhoub, 'Monk'
- Steve Carell, 'The Office'
- Alec Baldwin, '30 Rock'
- Charlie Sheen, 'Two And A Half Men'
BEST ACTRESS, COMEDY SERIES
- Julia Louis-Dreyfus, 'The New Adventures Of Old Christine'
- Christina Applegate, 'Samantha Who?'
- Sarah Silverman, 'The Sarah Silverman'
- Tina Fey, '30 Rock'
- Toni Collette, United States Of Tara'
- Mary-Louise Parker, 'Weeds'
Wednesday, July 15, 2009
Tuesday, July 14, 2009
We are coming up on the "men tell all" special, which is my favorite episode of the season. I cannot wait to see what Wes says about the editing of the show. He actually came out and said "don't believe everything you see on TV" (see article here). I love it when reality people deny every saying anything on the show. You have to say it to be recorded.
What did you think of last night's episode? Did Jillian make the right choice? Will Ed be able to perform? Stay tuned!
Monday, July 13, 2009
Just what message are we sending our children with this one?
Sunday, July 12, 2009
Thursday, July 9, 2009
1. Janette and Brandon can do no wrong, I know that everyone is tired of hearing about it but this couple (read couple not just Brandon) is phenomenal. Last night the dynamic duo took on an Argentine tango and a Wade Robson "jazz" number. Both were worthy of standing ovations (which they received at least for the tango) and Janette's footwork alone in the tango was enough to silence all of their naysayers. I actually smiled throughout both of their performances because they were so awesome.
2. Melissa and Ade attempted a disco number and a waltz for their two performances last night. I keep these two in my top three because the disco number was fun and well danced (minus the fall at the end) and I enjoyed the waltz (Melissa was beautiful) but also because I love this couple. The two have been so quietly unassuming the entire season while hitting it out of the park almost every time. Last night was not their best but both should make it into the top 10.
3. This one is hard for me because many of the couples danced one dance well and then totally faltered on the second. Surprisingly I am going with Jeanine and Philip. Bless their hearts they had to dance a Russian folk dance (?) and then come back and do a jive. You talk about two ends of a spectrum. The folk dance was just that but they seemed to dance it well (enough) but the jive was entertaining and for once I saw Philip do something other than his style very well. Plus Jeanine is completely and totally ignored for how great she really is. She pulled herself and Philip through those dances last night and did it with class!
Now my bottom three is a little easier (maybe because there are only three left (hee hee).
1. Jason and Caitlin don't deserve to go home tonight. Both of their dances; the foxtrot and a jazz routine were decent. And they are a beautiful couple. And so on. But for once I agree with Nigel, I just don't feel the chemistry. They have very little pizazz which is so disappointing.
2. Randi and Evan are a couple that I liked from the start. I am starting to really see Evan's limitations as a dancer. He is cute and fun but that is about the only character he can play. The hip-hop number was weak with no a-ha moments and the samba was just cringe worthy. These two are destined to be cute and anything that strays from that is out of their range.
3. Kayla and Kupono are still an awesome couple and while I enjoyed the addiction dance by Mia Michaels last night; the Broadway routine was not good. Kayla seems to out dance Kupono at every turn and I just feel that he is the weakest male dancer.
So what did you think about the show. Good, bad, awful? Do you agree with my best and worst? Who hated the filler when each couple was saying how much they will miss their partner? They are not dying people! Anyway tell me what you think and I can't wait to see the top 10 tonight. Later.
Wednesday, July 8, 2009
Tuesday, July 7, 2009
Last night we began the night with Kiptyn as the first date in Spain. Jillian is weird around Kiptyn and he is a little strange around her. The fact that she is constantly wondering if she is good enough for him bothers me but Kipper does not seem to notice. The date was fine, although Jillian made some inappropriate comments about his package and the way the tight black flamenco pants fit. At dinner the envelope arrived for the "fantasy suite" and Jillian opted out of an overnight with Kip. She did have him come back and look at the suite and teased him a little before sending him back to his room.
Next up is Reid who cannot, in any way shape or form, articulate his feelings at all. When asked why he thought he and Jillian would be a good couple, I thought that he would stutter over his words before mumbling something about a physical attraction. The date started with shopping and led to dinner. Reid was also dissed on the "fantasy suite" front which was shocking to me because I thought that he was the one that would have had "trouble getting physical (aka erectile dysfunction).
On to Ed and the constant reminder that he was not around for the hometown dates. Get over it already, he came back! Ed was the only one of the four that was allowed to spend the night in the "fantasy suite" but they had to "sleep with their clothes on". So far it looks as if Ed has this one in the bag.
Finally we save the Wes for last (God I crack myself up). Wes apparently is huge in Chihuahua, Mexico because of his second album(?) and so he can relate very well to the people in Spain (two different continents man!). I honestly think that at this point Wes no longer cares. He wants to get kicked off and he is just biding his time. He has too many "slips" at dinner (my manager said it would be good for my career, my girlfriend no my ex-girlfriend) for me to think that he is still trying to stick around. When Jillian puts him in the cab for the first time I am sure that this is the guy who is going home.
At the rose ceremony Wes makes a few cracks about going home to have sex and then Jillian arrives (who picks out her clothes). As expected Wes is booted and when she says goodbye I was left with a feeling of relief and disgust. Wes then made an ass of himself in the cab going on about being the only guy ever with a girlfriend to make it to the top 4 and some tour he is going on. I stopped listening after a bit because it was just too sad. This man has shot himself in the foot. No woman that watches this show is going to ever buy a CD that comes from Wes. I do wonder what he was thinking by being such a shit (it would have behooved him to be the nice guy for his career). And never (ever) blame everything on editing when at some point the words had to come out of your mouth. I look forward to the reunion special in a few weeks, just to hear his excuses.
Enough about Wes, the final three are Reid, Ed and Kiptyn and everyone is heading to Hawaii. My gut is saying Ed at this point but who knows what will happen next week. Later all.
1. It's a Wonderful Life
3. When Harry Met Sally...
4. The American President
5. Shawshank Redemption
8. The Sound of Music
9. Saving Private Ryan
10. Die Hard
11. Sixteen Candles
12. Say Anything
14. Bull Durham
Now this is my quick list and I am sure that I have left a few out. What are your top 14?
Monday, July 6, 2009
The Smart Car
what we will be forced to drive quite soon.
But look at all of the 'great new choices'
we will have from 'The SMART Car'....
The Smaudi A3 AWD!
And last, but not least,
Friday, July 3, 2009
The bottom three consisted of Kayla and Kupono (shocking truly), Philip and Jeanine and Vitolio and Karla. Philip and Janine I understood. They danced the hip-hop number mediocre and after the past few weeks, Philip needed to be placed in the bottom. However (or but) if one more person announced how excited they were to see Philip's solo I think I would have thrown something at the television. At one point I was a Philip fan but now I want him to prove that he can do something else. Also, please people give some love to his partner Jeanine. She gets swept under the rug and I think she is a phenomenal dancer (and she has not danced her style yet).
As for Kayla and Kupono; I think that I was as shocked as they were that they ended up in the bottom. Although I was not crazy about the weird Sonya dance that they did, it was still danced well and enjoyable. I felt bad for Kayla but glad to see her live to dance another week. I am still not a Kupono fan (I don't know why) but I like Kayla a lot and hope that she does not end up back in the bottom for a few weeks.
So long to Vitolio and Karla. I liked them both and actually enjoyed their solos last night. But I am not a professional and do not know what to look for in a dancer. I just know what I like and both dancers were enjoyable to watch. Especially when they danced the quickstep.
Is anyone else sad to see these two go home? Were you shocked that Caitlin and Jason were not in the bottom three? What about Randi and Evan? Can Philip do anything besides hip-hop? Stay tuned for next week.
Thursday, July 2, 2009
1. Karla and Vitolio seemed to love the dreaded quickstep yet both of them had so much fun with it. Yes I know that both loved their former partners but the two were enjoyable to watch and the entire dance was extremely entertaining.
2. Melissa and Ade danced the Pas de deux for the first time on the stage and seemed to pull it off. Obviously it seems suspect that the one ballerina draws the traditional dance but I really enjoyed watching the routine and I am really becoming a fan of this couple.
3. Brandon and Janette tore up the stage with the cha cha. Most of the time Brandon gets so much credit for being so terrific (which he deserves) but by no means should Janette not be recognized. She is an awesome dancer to watch and the two together really seem to make very few wrong moves.
My honorable mention this week goes to Kupono and Kayla. Their dance, choreographed by Sonya, was interesting and different (and they were both great). I just did not get it.
My bottom three this week was a little easier (because there are so few left).
1. Caitlin and Jason danced this weird alien inspired jazz routine and it was not bad but (always a but) the dance did not make me want to see more. I love this couple (I don't know why) but I have a feeling that this will be their week to go home.
2. Randi and Evan were given a dance in Evan's genre of Broadway and I could not have been more disappointed. From Randi looking like she wanted to be anywhere but on the stage to Evan seeming to dance so halfheartedly; we all have to wonder what is going on. Hopefully when they dance for their life (which they should) both dancers will make us remember why we want them in the top 10.
3. Jeanine and Philip once again pulled Hip Hop out of the hat. Since Philip has not proven that he can do anything else this was a good draw for them but the routine did not impress me as much as Napolean and Tabitha's routines normally do. I know that Philip has many fans; which means that Vitolio and Karla will end up dancing for their lives (again) but I just don't think that it is fair to continue to put someone through who is a one-trick pony (anyone remember Comfort last year).
These are my thoughts from last night. Agree? Disagree? Who do you think will be the bottom three? Later!