- The show opener. He got everyone and their brother to participate in the Glee-ful tribute and it worked well for him and the stars that poked a little fun at themselves.
- I adored how Jimmy (can I call him Jimmy) introduced the different sections of awards. It was almost like Cougartown (damn this show for not getting a nomination, love you Busy Phillips) where everything was a song and Jimmy made it work with members of the audience.
- The tribute to Lost, 24 and Law and Order was his shining moment. Fallon as Boys to Men, Green Day and Elton was spot on (on all three) and I have now watched this section 4 times. Excellent touch and a fitting goodbye to 3 amazing shows.
A couple of other highlights for me were (of course)
- Jane Lynch winning her Emmy. She looked beautiful and so happy.
- Also kudos to Eric Stonestreet. He is so funny and plays a gay man so well. just love him
- Speaking of Modern Family, their little video with George Clooney was fun and unexpected (probably not needed either) but so nice to see George having fun with the cast. Very cute.
- Some will disagree, but Jewel singing the "In Memoriam" tribute was classic and well done. Always a hard thing to watch (especially when one always wanted to be Dixie Carter) and she did it well and her voice sounded so sweet.
So that is it; last night in a nutshell. What did you think? Were you happy with the winners? Sad for the losers? Or ambivalent about the whole thing? Let me know. Later all.