Wednesday, April 16, 2008

The Biggest Loser - Couples Edition (Finale)

I am just wondering how Allison Sweeney defines five minutes? I was told that we would know who the final three were in the first five minutes of the show. This was an untruth but I will let it slide because "Big Roger" came out on top! Yeah, Roger is in the final three and now he has a chance for the $250 thousand (I love how they continue to say quarter of a million, I think they think it sounds better).



Now it is time to see the "transformations" of all the remaining contestants. First up the Green team who left first. Boring. Then Neal and Amanda, the White team (she looked great, he is still not cute). Then the Brown team; I loved Curtis and Mallory and wished that they had stayed longer, but Mallory looked hot. Going home did her good. Bette-Sue was next and she looked good but you could tell she was very excited for Ali. Think Pink! The two girls from the Purple team looked good. They still have weight to lose but the blossoming of their personalities was evident (my God that was cheesy). Orange was up next and Jackie looked 20 years younger. What a hot mama and Dan looks younger and happier. I got a little teary when Trent walks out from the Gray team; he was one of my favorites and I loved his infectious grin. Bernie and Brittany from the Blue team did not look like the same people. The two of them were beautiful, confident and skinny. Finally the Black team arrives. Crybaby Mark is joined by his brother Jay and both men do look phenomenal. All and all no major losers in the respect that everyone has lost weight.

Now it is time for the $100,000 weigh in. I will admit that I thought Mark had it wrapped up. Curtis looked great and he stayed on the winner spot for a while but then Bernie replaced him. By the way did anyone else read that Bernie was a dancer for the Chicago Bulls? Seriously, what is up with that? Anyway, Mark is the last to weigh in and he does not beat him. Bernie wins the losers prize and he just looks so happy. Great smile Bernie, by the way.



Time for our trip down memory lane and the finalists are introduced. Big Roger is first and he looks amazing. He actually has a defined face now and it looks as if he has been working his behind (literally) off. Then Kelly walks out and she too looks just wonderful. Her grin is huge and her waist (she has one) looks so trim and fit. Finally, Ali walks out and there is a gasp. This is not even the same girl. She looks like a size two and she is smiling and yelling like she knows she has won this thing. Roger weighs in first and does amazing, then Kelly. Kelly does great and loses over 100 pounds but this is not enough to beat Roger. Now it is the moment we have been waiting for, Ali weighs in and has to lose over 105 (I think) pounds to win the whole thing. Ali loses 112 pounds and she does it. She has become the first female Biggest Loser.



I am sad that Big Roger went home empty handed but he is still my favorite and I hope that he continues living the healthy lifestyle. Football season will be here before you know it and that will be a true test. Roll Tide Roger! As for Kelly, I do hope that someday she can have a baby. We missed Paul at the finale and I hope that he is feeling better. Finally, Ali looked terrific and she was consistent throughout so no ill will there. Although she was eliminated I guess most will say she earned her way back on the show (most would say this, I still wanted Big Rog to win). I do hope that she finds happiness because she looks just wonderful. Now I am done being nice. Great show and I will watch again!

No comments: