Friday, July 9, 2010

So You Think You Can Dance - Results

As most of you know (if you watch the show), Alex Wong (one of the best dancers ever on the show) had to bow out of the competition last night due to an injury.  This is a guy who made it on last year's So You Think You Can Dance only to be denied by the Miami Ballet to be let out of his contract.  So he tried again this year and made it (of course).  He has been good, great and spectacular!  Alex's hip-hop number with Twitch was one of my favorite moments of the season.  So I was sad to see him go and left wondering, if Alex had not had to leave who would have gone home last night?  The other two in the bottom three were Billy Bell and Ashley.  Now Ashley had a great night Wednesday night.  Her hip-hop with the smarmy Dominic was inspired and fun and she "made it through" the dreaded quickstep.  Now Billy on the other hand has just not impressed me this season.  I know, I know he is an outstanding dancer but at some point he has to WOW me and it has not happened.  Its a mute point because Alex had to go but I am left wondering who is next?

Just a couple of other things;  obviously the judges play favorites as proven by the critique of Adechike.  For some reason they (Adam, Nigel and Mia) do not like this kid and I cannot figure out why.  Mia's apology last night was warranted but I am not sure, by the look on Adechike's face, if he was in a very forgiving mood.  On the other side of the coin, Jose' is obviously a favorite.  And while I like his smile and exuberance to learn new things he is not in the same class of dancers as the rest of the finalists are.  The judges have to stop pushing him because he cannot keep up and it is time for him to go. 

What did you think of last night's show.  Was anyone else sad to see Alex go? 

No comments: