Thursday, December 31, 2009
Tuesday, December 22, 2009
Wednesday, December 16, 2009
Last night I watched the season finale of So You Think You Can Dance. I have watched all season just have not recapped due to time constraints. So here is my opinion (whether you want it or not). I am pissed that Ashleigh and Ryan are in the final 6 (and don't get me started about the fact that it is not the final 4). Legacy should have been in the finale as should have Mollee (surprisingly). As I was complaining about this fact my husband (the sage that he is) interrupted and asked how many times I voted this season. "Well none" I said, "but still" and he announced "you can't bitch if you don't vote". As much as I hate to admit it, he is correct. So after watching the performances last night; I voted (more than once). And I voted for....yep you guessed it..Russell. The smile, the style and the dance won me over. Honestly I would not be devastated if Kathryn won but I really want Russell to come out of this victorious. As for favorite dances this season, very few jump out and grab me. Noelle and Russell's painting number was good, Jakob and Mollee's waltz was beautiful. Any others that were great? Anyway, go Russell. Looking forward to tonight.
Thursday, December 10, 2009
I was just reading David Dust and also wanted to give a shout-out to my favorite show of this new season...Glee. I love it, love it, love it and last night's "fall finale" did not disappoint.
A few others that I am loving thus far this season...Cougar Town, Modern Family, So You Think You Can Dance (as always), Gossip Girl (getting back into its groove the past few weeks), NCIS:Los Angeles and Bones.
My goodness I watch a lot of television. Anyway, I miss you all and will check in soon.
Tuesday, December 1, 2009
Dear Flight Time and Big Easy,
Thank you both for being the team with the best attitude on The Amazing Race ever (except maybe Jon and Kris from Season 6). You were both classy, classy guys with wonderful smiles. Maybe not the smartest when it came to puzzles but definitely the team that looked like they were having the most fun. You will be missed in a finale of which I have no team to pull for.
Thanks for remembering the joy of the game.
PS Please tell me that a little part of you wants to kick the brothers ass for screwing you in the Roadblock. Just a little part.
Monday, November 23, 2009
Monday, November 16, 2009
Sunday, November 1, 2009
Just so you know.
Thursday, October 22, 2009
Holiday - Who does not want to dance when this song comes over the speaker. Always great for a late night party back in the day and any one of the gleesters could handle the tune.
Borderline - My favorite song (and video) when it first came out. Why not do a Quinn/Finn/Puck remake? Throw Rachel in there as well.
Material Girl - Really? How could this not be on the list. Classic!
Like a Prayer - Another one that all could sing. What a great, fun, dance number this could be.
Crazy for You - Rachel, Emma, Quinn (and so on) could sing to their respective objects of affection.
So what do you think? What Madonna song are you dying to hear? Did I miss a good one? I know that most of my list is from the early days; these are my fondest memories of the Material Girl.
Tuesday, October 20, 2009
I have also decided that to be happy, me also needs to lose weight. I just got a post about my 20 year high school reunion in 2010 (are you effing kidding me?). 10 pounds is all I want to lose...so here we go again (on my own). My jeans are tight and I am not happy with my body. I will keep you posted.
Otherwise, I have missed you all and have been trying to keep up a little. Let me know if anything exciting has happened.
Sunday, September 27, 2009
Wednesday, September 23, 2009
Tuesday, September 22, 2009
Sunday, September 20, 2009
Happy betting for me. God I am addicted.
Thursday, September 17, 2009
I never wanted this to be a have too; this should be a want too and I am working on how to balance everything. I hope that everyone has had a good week. By the way did you see the "boy band" on Glee last night? Hilarious!!!
Tuesday, September 15, 2009
1. Chuck Bass looked good last night. Not sure why this would be different than any other season but I needed to mention it.
2. Blair and Chuck need conflict, and a lot of it. I cannot stand the nicey, nicey crap. Play the games! This is why we love you both.
3. Serena's weird obsession with her father's attention should have been dealt with in therapy many years ago. Not sure where this storyline is going.
4. The West Side Storyline of Nate and this Buckley girl could get old fast. She is cute but Nate needs someone with a little flavor to offset his bland character.
5. Speaking of hair...Dan looked like he had on a "Welcome Back Kotter" wig last night. Hairstyling help is needed on set, pronto!
These are my observations. If you want a full recap check out EW.com (here). What did you think? Was it worth the wait?
Monday, September 14, 2009
Tonight is the night. Gossip Girl season premiere at 9:00 on the CW. I cannot wait. The gang is headed to college and who knows what is in store for everyone. What will happen to Nate and Blair, Serena and Dan, the bastard child of Rufus and Lily? God I can't wait. How sad is my life?
Sunday, September 13, 2009
and here are the spreads that I had to use. Tell me what you think.
|ATLANTA - 4 - Miami|
|BALTIMORE - 13 - Kansas City|
|Philadelphia - 1.5 - CAROLINA|
|CINCINNATI - 4.5 - Denver|
|Minnesota - 4 - CLEVELAND!|
|HOUSTON - 4.5 - NyJets|
|INDIANAPOLIS - 7 - Jacksonville|
|NEW ORLEANS - 13 - Detroit|
|Dallas - 6 - TAMPA|
|ARIZONA - 6.5 - San Francisco|
|NYGINTS - 6.5 - Washington|
|SEATTLE - 8.5 - St. Louis|
|GREEN BAY - 3.5 - Chicago|
This should be interesting!
Friday, September 11, 2009
Thursday, September 10, 2009
The first game of the NFL regular season is tonight on NBC. Pittsburgh takes on Tennessee and if that is not enough; Tim McGraw is performing.
Also on tonight on ESPN is the Georgia Tech/Clemson game. For those of us with teams in the ACC this is a good match-up and should prove to be (hopefully) an entertaining game.
Just a heads up.
My other show last night was of course, Glee. The Push-It performance was absolutely the funniest thing I have seen on television in a long time. I love this show! It is different, funny and poignant (is that the right combination?). I have a secret obsession with the cheerleader, Quinn. Her facial expressions are hilarious and the lines she delivers just blow me away. Maybe it is the sweet smile and the mean girl attitude. Anyway, if you have not watched last nights show, watch. So good.
It looks like Wednesday's are going to be a busy TV night. What did you think of the shows last night?
Wednesday, September 9, 2009
Tuesday, September 8, 2009
With he amount of stupid television I watch, you would think that this is a show that I have
watched. Just so you know I have not but this does not make me less sick of Jon and Kate and their constant trying to get back at each other in public. For your children's sake (and everyone elses)...please go away. Let your 15 minutes be done and focus on your family.
Sunday, September 6, 2009
1. So You Think You Can Dance starts Wednesday on Fox. A new season already, I know, but as always I am looking forward to the show and am considering a recap for this one.
2. America's Next Top Model also starts on Wednesday on the CW. The night starts with a 2 hour season premiere and this year Tyra is working with "short" girls (5'7" and below). Still not sure that I will watch but I wanted to mention it.
3. Melrose Place is back and will be starting on Tuesday night on the CW. I am interested to hear how the new revamped show turns out. I think I will have to bow out of this one. I was so distressed by what happened to 90210 that I don't think my heart could take another disappointment.
4. The NFL is back on Thursday night. Just had to give it a mention.
5. I saved the best for last...Glee starts Wednesday night on Fox. I have been waiting all summer for this show to return and finally here it is. I cannot wait to see if I will love the show as much as I loved the Pilot. I will let you know.
So here are a few of the shows that I will be checking out this week. Vampire Diaries also begins along with a few others that I cannot fit into my already busy viewing schedule. Let me know what you are excited about. I cannot wait to hear.
Thursday, September 3, 2009
Here we go again people. My team....the North Carolina State Wolfpack opens their season tonight against the South Carolina Gamecocks (always think that name is so funny). The game is on ESPN at 7 and should not impede my Project Runway watching. I literally cannot wait! I am a little sad that I will not be at the game (living in Florida sucks sometimes) but I have many friends and family members going to cheer the team on. Go Pack!!!!!!
Did I mention that I love football?
Wednesday, September 2, 2009
Monday, August 31, 2009
Now tell me we are not having a Vampire phenom at the moment.
Thursday, August 27, 2009
Monday, August 24, 2009
Welcome to a new school year!!!!
Saturday, August 22, 2009
Why is a school zone 20 mph? That seems like the optimal cruising speed for pedophiles...
More often than not, when someone is telling me a story all I can think about is that I can't wait for them to finish so that I can tell my own story that's not only better, but also more directly involves me.
(this is so me and I hate this about myself)
Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you're wrong. (never happens)
I don't understand the purpose of the line, "I don't need to drink to have fun." Great, no one does. But why start a fire with flint and steel when they've invented the lighter?
I totally take back all those times I didn't want to nap when I was younger. (double yes)
The letters T and G are very close to each other on a keyboard. This recently became all too apparent to me and consequently I will never be ending a work email with the phrase "Regards" again.
Do you remember when you were a kid, playing Nintendo and it wouldn't work? You take the cartridge out, blow in it and that would magically fix the problem. Every kid in America did that, but how did we all know how to fix the problem? There was no internet or message boards or FAQ's. We just figured it out. Today's kids are soft.
There is a great need for sarcasm font.
Sometimes, I'll watch a movie that I watched when I was younger and suddenly realize I had no idea what the f#ck was going on when I first saw it.
How the hell are you supposed to fold a fitted sheet? (I always wondered this and my linen closet can attest to this)
The only time I look forward to a red light is when I'm trying to finish a text.
Was learning cursive really necessary?
Lol has gone from meaning, "laugh out loud" to "I have nothing else to say".
I have a hard time deciphering the fine line between boredom and hunger. (all the time)
Whenever someone says "I'm not book smart, but I'm street smart", all I hear is "I'm not real smart, but I'm imaginary smart".
How many times is it appropriate to say "What?" before you just nod and smile because you still didn't hear what they said?
While driving yesterday I saw a banana peel in the road and instinctively swerved to avoid it...thanks Mario Kart.
MapQuest really needs to start their directions on #5. Pretty sure I know how to get out of my neighborhood.
Whenever I'm Facebook stalking someone and I find out that their profile is public I feel like a kid on Christmas morning who just got the Red Ryder BB gun that I always wanted. 546 pictures? Don't mind if I do!
Is it just me or do high school girls get sluttier & sluttier every year?
You never know when it will strike, but there comes a moment at work when you've made up your mind that you just aren't doing anything productive for the rest of the day.
I hate leaving my house confident and looking good and then not seeing anyone of importance the entire day. What a waste. (I have stopped looking good on principal)
I think that if, years down the road when I'm trying to have a kid, I find out that I'm sterile, most of my disappointment will stem from the fact that I was not aware of my condition in college.
Even under ideal conditions people have trouble locating their car keys in a pocket, and Pinning the Tail on the Donkey - but I'd bet my ass everyone can find and push the Snooze button from 3 feet away, in about 1.7 seconds, eyes closed, first time every time...
Tuesday, August 18, 2009
Michael Vick on 60 minutes, did he show remorse or not? I am not sure but I still think he deserves to get back in the game. I am not a Vick fan. I was not when he played college ball and never have been when he played for Atlanta. I associated him with being lazy with an attitude and never felt that he gave the 100% that his team needed. But (always a but) he has served his time. He has lost millions of dollars in endorsements and two years of his life. What he did was atrocious (and yes I realize this) but he has been punished, embarrassed and subjected to ridicule (over and over). I do not agree with what he did, nor do I condone it but (but again) for a young man brought up in this environment; sometimes right and wrong can be a little skewed. There are many players in the NFL that are still playing after committing a crime (multiple times). Give Vick an opportunity to prove that he has matured. I want to see his work ethic improve as well as his attitude.
Brett Favre, please retire! For the past few years this has been dangled in our faces and we have watched you cry and walk away only to come back (more than once). As we get older our bodies change and slow down. You are no exception. I loved you in Green Bay, tolerated you in New York and will ignore you in Minnesota. As George Constanza once said "leave on a high note". Well you missed this opportunity; so now just leave.
Had to get those off my chest. Welcome to football season everyone.
Monday, August 17, 2009
KORTO MOMOLU Season 5
JEFFREY SEBELIA Season 3
SANTINO RICE Season 2
DANIEL VOSOVIC Season 2
ULI HERZNER Season 3
MYCHAEL KNIGHT Season 3
CHRIS MARCH Season 4
SWEET P Season 4
I cannot wait to see this group compete. Who is your fav? Who do you hate on? I love Project Runway!
Melissa Joan Hart, actress
Michael Irvin, former Dallas Cowboy
Ashley Hamilton, actor, comedian, singer-songwriter
Aaron Carter, singer
Kathy Ireland, former supermodel-turned-businesswoman
Debi Mazar, actress
Natalie Coughlin, U.S. Olympic swimmer
Louie Vito, snowboarder
Chuck Liddell, ultimate fighting champ
Donny Osmond, singer
Tom DeLay, former Republican congressman
Macy Gray, singer
Joanna Krupa, model and actress
Mark Dacascos, Iron Chef personality
Kelly Osbourne, reality star
For recaps and up to the minute reporting on this show check out Joy's take (Babble On). This is how I keep up with the show. Anyone you are excited to see?
Not only do we now have the dancers for this show but Top Chef starts this week (Wednesday) as well as Project Runway (finally on Thursday). And....school starts tomorrow!
What a great week?!
Thursday, August 13, 2009
I know that I have stated more than once that I am on Team Jacob for the new Twilight movie. I have also announced that I feel like a cougar whenever I look at this movie. Here are some of his latest pictures. Now when does this movie open??????
Wednesday, August 12, 2009
One thing that I do notice (and for those of you that bitch about weight this is for you). I have decided that I care more about what I look like on the beach than anyone else does. I will not wear certain swimsuits based on my body type but around here I may be the only one that thinks this way. A 200 pound woman in a string bikini is not a surprise on the beaches down here. Just a thought for the day. Why can other people be comfortable with their weight ( no matter what) and I cannot?
Tuesday, August 11, 2009
I have a new obsession. As if keeping my house clean was not hard enough; I have discovered (with the help of my friends damn them) Bejeweled on Facebook. Bejeweled is a basic dumb game that has you fitting jewels together to get points and I hate to admit it, I am obsessed. Every time I think I may walk away, I want to try one more time for a higher score. All of a sudden I have wasted 45 minutes in my day and have absolutely nothing to show for it. Have I been a little lax on my Blog lately? Blame Bejeweled. Are the kids still not ready for school to start? Blame Bejeweled. I am trying to break the addiction and have decided to head to the beach this morning (no computers there). I will let you know how my day of no Bejeweled goes. If I go all day without it, may I play tonight?
Monday, August 10, 2009
Other observations from the night. There were so few dances that I loved (loved) this season. A few stood out as great (Wade Robsen's jazz number, the cancer piece, the addiction piece) but there were not as many this season that made me excited about the tour. I am not sure what happened. All we heard about when this season began was how great the dancers were and how this season was going to blow us away and I am left feeling a little discouraged. Maybe it was the lack of chemistry (and not in all the pieces Jeanine and Jason had major chemistry), or maybe it was the fact that so many of the dancers were ones that we did not get to see through the audition process (Ade). Whatever the reason I did not enjoy this season as much as last.
Now going into fall television, I am excited about SYTYCD being in the fall lineup. Maybe the magic will have returned.
* One note to Fox bigwigs....please, please, please no Paula Abdul. Mary Murphy is enough to deal with.
Thursday, August 6, 2009
First, let us review Brandon. After being cut down by Mia and Lil' C in the auditions; Brandon has proven he can do just about anything and last night was no exception. His solo was amazing (a little weird but awesome to watch), and he danced every number like it was his last. All of Brandon's comments from the judges were positive, which is great. My fear is that no one will vote for Brandon because he is too obvious.
Next up is Jeanine. Jeanine has always been a solid dancer but she really came into her own when her partners could match her skill (no offense to Phillip). Her solo last night was an unexpected surprise and she was technically phenomenal. Jeanine's personality gives her a bit of an edge but again you have to wonder if the gushing of the judges may hurt.
Then we have Kayla (aka White Lightning, really?). Kayla has been a favorite since she began (great story, single mom, grandparents took her to dance classes etc). She has had great performances and she has had mediocre performances (think Broadway with Kupono). Last night I thought she was good (not great). I was not a fan of her solo and I felt that in the two girl number Jeanine looked better. Kayla could win if the public took offense to the judges constant reminder that both Brandon and Jeanine are the front runners.
And last but not least (OK maybe least) welcome to Evan world. He is cute. I will give you that. He has personality galore and when dancing in his style he is fun to watch. But once again I have to say that watching him do any other style is just not believable, Evan can not be a thug nor can he be sexy. Hell I even had a hard time seeing him as a football star. Evan will win if the American public feels justified voting for him because the judges were too harsh last night. Making this show more about personality than dancing. Now I respectfully disagree but I only voted twice last night.
So who do you think will take the prize? Which dances would you like to see again from the season? Am I wrong to be so harsh about Evan? Looking forward to tonight. Let me know what you think.
Wednesday, August 5, 2009
Does this make you wonder about the new couple?
This got me to thinking about my new group of friends and how I feel with them in comparison to the old. This is what I decided...
1. Old friends know everything about you. Good or bad there are no secrets and there is no reinventing yourself (ever!!!). New friends means a fresh start. You can be who you want and have an added air of mystery (OK I am not very mysterious but still).
2. New friends still leave you questioning where you stand at times. Old friends you always know where you stand and where you fall in the pecking order.
3. Old friends are going to be loyal to you just because of your history. New friends means that you have to build up to this loyalty. As with anything, a loyal friend takes time to build. This can never be an instantaneous thing.
4. Old friends husbands are a must like for your own husband because you will never give up that friendship. New friends husbands can make or break a new friendship because most of the time couples meet both at once.
5. New friends give you the opportunity to branch out and try new things, meet new people and go new places. Old friends have a tendency to do many of the familiar activities because they are familiar. With new friends, places and activities are new and exciting.
With all of this said, I think that my conclusion is that you never give up the old friends but continue to make new friends. Every friend can make you laugh or cry. Whether old or new these emotions cover the entire gamut of your friendships. Sorry I am in a contemplative mood today. I will be more lighthearted later.
Tuesday, August 4, 2009
I have now watched all back episodes of So You Think You Can Dance and I have to just tell everyone that I am a little shocked! The final four is not at all what I had anticipated. How is it possible that Evan is in the finals and Ade is not? I knew that from the beginning Evan was a fan favorite but for someone of his limited dance ability I just do not see how he can compete with the other three finalists. If the winner is not Jeanine or Brandon I will protest (OK not too loudly since I love the show so much). How fun was it to see some of the most memorable dances from last season though? Also which dances will be the ones that are memorable this season? Wednesday and Thursday night will be fun! Can't wait!
Monday, August 3, 2009
Monday, July 20, 2009
1. Wes is not only a douchebag but he is a p word as well. If he is going to act the way he did on national television he needs to show up and take his lumps like the rest of the bachelors.
2. Jake just needs to shut up. Stop talking about how hurt you are and move on. I feel as if he is too contrived for words and I hope that he is not picked to be the next bachelor.
3. David is still an ass and will never actually grow up. The man code thing is lame and stupid. Grow up frat boy and act like a real man.
4. I wish that the show had spent more time with Michael. He was one of my favorites and I love his sincerity.
5. You may think Tanner P is weird but you have to admit that there is no one like him.
6. I knew that we had not seen the last of Reid. I still don't know who she picks (if anyone) but at least he attempts to get a fair shot.
7. I was never a Juan fan but just leave the guy alone. Focus on your own shit and let him be who he wants to be.
What did you think about tonight's episode? Were the guys too practiced or genuine? Did anyone stand out as a real great one that got away? OK back to vacation for me.
Thursday, July 16, 2009
BEST DRAMA SERIES
- 'Big Love'
- 'Mad Men'
BEST ACTOR, DRAMA SERIES
- Bryan Cranston, 'Breaking Bad'
- Michael C. Hall, 'Dexter'
- Hugh Laurie, 'House'
- Gabriel Byrne, 'In Treatment'
- Jon Hamm, 'Mad Men'
- Simon Baker, 'The Mentalist'
BEST ACTRESS, DRAMA SERIES
- Sally Field, 'Brothers and Sisters'
- Kyra Sedgwick, 'The Closer'
- Glenn Close, 'Damages'
- Mariska Hargitay, 'Law & Order: SVU'
- Elisabeth Moss, 'Mad Men'
- Holly Hunter, 'Saving Grace'
BEST SUPPORTING ACTRESS, DRAMA SERIES
- Rose Byrne, 'Damages'
- Sandra Oh, 'Grey's Anatomy'
- Chandra Wilson, 'Grey's Anatomy'
- Dianne Wiest, In Treatment'
- Hope Davis, 'In Treatment'
- Cherry Jones, '24'
BEST SUPPORTING ACTOR, COMEDY SERIES
- Kevin Dillon, 'Entourage'
- Neil Patrick Harris, 'How I Met Your Mother'
- Rainn Wilson, 'The Office'
- Tracy Morgan, '30 Rock'
- Jack McBrayer, '30 Rock'
- Jon Cryer, 'Two And A Half Men'
BEST SUPPORTING ACTOR, DRAMA SERIES
- William Shatner, 'Boston Legal'
- Christian Clemenson, 'Boston Legal'
- Aaron Paul, 'Breaking Bad'
- William Hurt, 'Damages'
- Michael Emerson, 'Lost'
- John Slattery, 'Mad Men'
BEST COMEDY SERIES
- Family Guy
- Flight Of The Conchords
- How I Met Your Mother
- The Office
- 30 Rock
BEST ACTOR, COMEDY SERIES
- Jim Parsons, 'The Big Bang Theory'
- Jemaine Clement, 'Flight Of The Conchords'
- Tony Shalhoub, 'Monk'
- Steve Carell, 'The Office'
- Alec Baldwin, '30 Rock'
- Charlie Sheen, 'Two And A Half Men'
BEST ACTRESS, COMEDY SERIES
- Julia Louis-Dreyfus, 'The New Adventures Of Old Christine'
- Christina Applegate, 'Samantha Who?'
- Sarah Silverman, 'The Sarah Silverman'
- Tina Fey, '30 Rock'
- Toni Collette, United States Of Tara'
- Mary-Louise Parker, 'Weeds'
Wednesday, July 15, 2009
Tuesday, July 14, 2009
We are coming up on the "men tell all" special, which is my favorite episode of the season. I cannot wait to see what Wes says about the editing of the show. He actually came out and said "don't believe everything you see on TV" (see article here). I love it when reality people deny every saying anything on the show. You have to say it to be recorded.
What did you think of last night's episode? Did Jillian make the right choice? Will Ed be able to perform? Stay tuned!
Monday, July 13, 2009
Just what message are we sending our children with this one?
Sunday, July 12, 2009
Thursday, July 9, 2009
1. Janette and Brandon can do no wrong, I know that everyone is tired of hearing about it but this couple (read couple not just Brandon) is phenomenal. Last night the dynamic duo took on an Argentine tango and a Wade Robson "jazz" number. Both were worthy of standing ovations (which they received at least for the tango) and Janette's footwork alone in the tango was enough to silence all of their naysayers. I actually smiled throughout both of their performances because they were so awesome.
2. Melissa and Ade attempted a disco number and a waltz for their two performances last night. I keep these two in my top three because the disco number was fun and well danced (minus the fall at the end) and I enjoyed the waltz (Melissa was beautiful) but also because I love this couple. The two have been so quietly unassuming the entire season while hitting it out of the park almost every time. Last night was not their best but both should make it into the top 10.
3. This one is hard for me because many of the couples danced one dance well and then totally faltered on the second. Surprisingly I am going with Jeanine and Philip. Bless their hearts they had to dance a Russian folk dance (?) and then come back and do a jive. You talk about two ends of a spectrum. The folk dance was just that but they seemed to dance it well (enough) but the jive was entertaining and for once I saw Philip do something other than his style very well. Plus Jeanine is completely and totally ignored for how great she really is. She pulled herself and Philip through those dances last night and did it with class!
Now my bottom three is a little easier (maybe because there are only three left (hee hee).
1. Jason and Caitlin don't deserve to go home tonight. Both of their dances; the foxtrot and a jazz routine were decent. And they are a beautiful couple. And so on. But for once I agree with Nigel, I just don't feel the chemistry. They have very little pizazz which is so disappointing.
2. Randi and Evan are a couple that I liked from the start. I am starting to really see Evan's limitations as a dancer. He is cute and fun but that is about the only character he can play. The hip-hop number was weak with no a-ha moments and the samba was just cringe worthy. These two are destined to be cute and anything that strays from that is out of their range.
3. Kayla and Kupono are still an awesome couple and while I enjoyed the addiction dance by Mia Michaels last night; the Broadway routine was not good. Kayla seems to out dance Kupono at every turn and I just feel that he is the weakest male dancer.
So what did you think about the show. Good, bad, awful? Do you agree with my best and worst? Who hated the filler when each couple was saying how much they will miss their partner? They are not dying people! Anyway tell me what you think and I can't wait to see the top 10 tonight. Later.
Wednesday, July 8, 2009
Tuesday, July 7, 2009
Last night we began the night with Kiptyn as the first date in Spain. Jillian is weird around Kiptyn and he is a little strange around her. The fact that she is constantly wondering if she is good enough for him bothers me but Kipper does not seem to notice. The date was fine, although Jillian made some inappropriate comments about his package and the way the tight black flamenco pants fit. At dinner the envelope arrived for the "fantasy suite" and Jillian opted out of an overnight with Kip. She did have him come back and look at the suite and teased him a little before sending him back to his room.
Next up is Reid who cannot, in any way shape or form, articulate his feelings at all. When asked why he thought he and Jillian would be a good couple, I thought that he would stutter over his words before mumbling something about a physical attraction. The date started with shopping and led to dinner. Reid was also dissed on the "fantasy suite" front which was shocking to me because I thought that he was the one that would have had "trouble getting physical (aka erectile dysfunction).
On to Ed and the constant reminder that he was not around for the hometown dates. Get over it already, he came back! Ed was the only one of the four that was allowed to spend the night in the "fantasy suite" but they had to "sleep with their clothes on". So far it looks as if Ed has this one in the bag.
Finally we save the Wes for last (God I crack myself up). Wes apparently is huge in Chihuahua, Mexico because of his second album(?) and so he can relate very well to the people in Spain (two different continents man!). I honestly think that at this point Wes no longer cares. He wants to get kicked off and he is just biding his time. He has too many "slips" at dinner (my manager said it would be good for my career, my girlfriend no my ex-girlfriend) for me to think that he is still trying to stick around. When Jillian puts him in the cab for the first time I am sure that this is the guy who is going home.
At the rose ceremony Wes makes a few cracks about going home to have sex and then Jillian arrives (who picks out her clothes). As expected Wes is booted and when she says goodbye I was left with a feeling of relief and disgust. Wes then made an ass of himself in the cab going on about being the only guy ever with a girlfriend to make it to the top 4 and some tour he is going on. I stopped listening after a bit because it was just too sad. This man has shot himself in the foot. No woman that watches this show is going to ever buy a CD that comes from Wes. I do wonder what he was thinking by being such a shit (it would have behooved him to be the nice guy for his career). And never (ever) blame everything on editing when at some point the words had to come out of your mouth. I look forward to the reunion special in a few weeks, just to hear his excuses.
Enough about Wes, the final three are Reid, Ed and Kiptyn and everyone is heading to Hawaii. My gut is saying Ed at this point but who knows what will happen next week. Later all.
1. It's a Wonderful Life
3. When Harry Met Sally...
4. The American President
5. Shawshank Redemption
8. The Sound of Music
9. Saving Private Ryan
10. Die Hard
11. Sixteen Candles
12. Say Anything
14. Bull Durham
Now this is my quick list and I am sure that I have left a few out. What are your top 14?
Monday, July 6, 2009
The Smart Car
what we will be forced to drive quite soon.
But look at all of the 'great new choices'
we will have from 'The SMART Car'....
The Smaudi A3 AWD!
And last, but not least,