Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Glee - Tonight

Don't deny it...everyone has been looking forward to tonight's season finale of Glee.  Especially since the last two weeks of the show have actually shown a new spark.  So expectations were high and well....I am not sure that tonight lived up to my expectations.  Don't get me wrong, there was some good stuff, buuuuut the entire thing felt like they were trying too hard.  A few things before I go to bed....

  • Nothing compared to Rachel and Kurt's duet.  I was never a fan of the show Wicked (do not hang me in effigy) but the music is incomparable and this was evident tonight.
  • Loving the twist about Sam and Mercedes.  Glad that the diva is finally getting a man.  Cannot wait to see where it goes.
  • I did not love the music overall.  I know that I should love the fact that the group is doing original songs, but I miss the hits.  And did anyone else feel like Matthew Morrison's solo seemed like a music video (or blatant salesmanship). 
If I wake up in the morning and have more to say, than I will.  That's it for tonight though.  What did you think?  Anything great that I missed....

No comments: