Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Dick Clark will be remembered....

In Junior High and High School, before I became the phenom that I am today, I babysat a lot.  Not much social life but plenty of cash.  One night that I was always available to sit was New Years Eve.  For some reason I always watched Dick Clark and for some other reason he always made me feel better about the sad state of my life (junior high and early high school sucked).  I loved the gentleness of his voice, the way he was always excited about every musical act and the way it never felt like a New Year until he had proclaimed that it was so.  Plus he always had some great line about the hope for a better year.  He was an an icon and a legend.  May he rest in peace, surrounded by all the great ones who are performing for him as we speak...


No comments: