Thursday, July 19, 2012

Emmy Nominations - Well hmmm

I want to begin this by saying, I have an immature view of television.  I enjoy television as a diversion from my life and to that effect, I do not want to be made to think too much.  I love comedies and dramas but my dramas have to be with a hint of comedy.  Who wants to switch off the television and be depressed, I mean really what is the point.  So with all of that said, I have many, many issues with the Emmy nominations. 

  • Once Upon a Time is one of the most creative shows on television and no one thinks it is worthy of any awards?
  • Has anyone seen Casey Wilson on Happy Endings?  Her character is one of the funniest on television and she does not get a nod?
  • No drama on network television was nominated.  Not one!  Revenge, Fringe, Once Upon a Time, The Good Wife, Parenthood and I could go on.  Many people in this world do not have cable.  Just sayin.
  • Veep and Girls over Cougartown, How I Met Your Mother (one of its best seasons this year), Happy Endings, New Girl and so on.  Just because a show is on HBO does not mean that it is good. 
  • I feel as if the supporting acting categories have been taken over by Modern Family this year.  I love the show.  I do.  But do all of them deserve to be on the list this year?
I could go on and I am sorry.  Ya''ll know I love the award shows and this one in particular because I am such a television fanatic.  I watch a lot of television!  I just have a hard time stomaching the fact that I am looking at a list of nominations of people on shows that I never watch.  

2 comments:

the dogs' mother said...

Mythbusters was nominated. I'm happy.

www.DiatribesAndOvations.com said...

Great post! I wondered when you might chime in! I agree that “Once Upon A Time” is an incredibly creative show but I don’t think the acting is award-worthy. “True Blood” was snubbed in the drama category and it’s even on HBO! Casey Wilson ROCKS! Along with “Happy Endings”, “Cougar Town” is one of my favorite shows on television. The fast pace and quick-witted humor are just what I want to see when I finally get to sit down at the end of a long day. Unfortunately, “HIMYM” is on so darned much in syndication that I fear the new shows have been overlooked (last season’s finale was hil-wait for it-arious!). And, I love “Modern Family” but I agree that they shouldn’t all get a nomination. Yes, they all are fantastic but the EMMYs should spread the love.