I want to begin this by saying, I have an immature view of television. I enjoy television as a diversion from my life and to that effect, I do not want to be made to think too much. I love comedies and dramas but my dramas have to be with a hint of comedy. Who wants to switch off the television and be depressed, I mean really what is the point. So with all of that said, I have many, many issues with the Emmy nominations.
- Once Upon a Time is one of the most creative shows on television and no one thinks it is worthy of any awards?
- Has anyone seen Casey Wilson on Happy Endings? Her character is one of the funniest on television and she does not get a nod?
- No drama on network television was nominated. Not one! Revenge, Fringe, Once Upon a Time, The Good Wife, Parenthood and I could go on. Many people in this world do not have cable. Just sayin.
- Veep and Girls over Cougartown, How I Met Your Mother (one of its best seasons this year), Happy Endings, New Girl and so on. Just because a show is on HBO does not mean that it is good.
- I feel as if the supporting acting categories have been taken over by Modern Family this year. I love the show. I do. But do all of them deserve to be on the list this year?