Monday, July 7, 2008

HGTV's Design Star

I was wondering how much drama Design Star would still have if Gay Michael was gone and last night I got my answer: Not much! Now that the drama queen has gone, Tracee was my next "must go" of the group. Although the show seemed slightly dull without Michael telling everyone how great he was, I forged ahead so that I could see Tracee get the boot. Boy was I disappointed.

Last night saw the 6 remaining designers take on two suites at some Grand Ole Opry hotel (?) in Nashville. The suites were to be designed the way that Sara Evans (a country music star) would have designed them (so confusing I know).

Anyway, so they split up into two groups of three and guess who was picked last. I know shock right, no one wanted Tracee on their team. The teams were Trish, Mikey V, and Tracee and then Jenn, Stephanie and Matt.

Long recap short....Trish, Mikey V and Tracee nailed it. The suite was homey and well done and the doors that Tracee (again a shock) picked to be used as the headboards on the beds were great looking. Tracee did suck on her television hosting portion of the challenge (and Trish was the best go figure) but overall their team really surprised me with how great the room looked. On the other hand...Matt, Jenn and Stephanie just bombed. They had some good things going on; I loved Matt's detail in the bedroom and some of Jenn's artwork was nice but overall the room was just such a hodge podge of stuff that nothing flowed well together. And most of this was due to Stephanie's choice of items. The fact that she picked out the sofa and could not get the second one up the stairs put the entire team in jeopardy. Brains in boobs; all I have to say.

When the three of them (Matt, Stephanie and Jenn) stepped before the judges I honestly thought that Stephanie was never going to admit who picked out most of the items in the room. They just kept looking at each other; neither Matt nor Jenn wanting to be the one to call Stephanie out. When she finally admitted her mistakes I breathed a sigh of relief that the correct person was going home. And she did.


So now Boobalicious (Stephanie if you did not know) is gone, Drama Queen (aka Gay Michael) has been forgotten and everyone likes Tracee. My, my how times have changed. Next week is a kitchen and a double elimination...how exciting (by the way that was extremely sarcastic in my head).

1 comment:

David Dust said...

My darling Tivo Mom -

You are SO right - with Gay Michael gone and Tracee on her best behavior, it was a boring episode.

XOXOXO

BTW - if you read MY recap, please ignore all cracks aimed toward Republicans. :)

smooches!!!