Wednesday, July 9, 2008

The Search for Elle Woods - MTV

Finally, finally I have had a chance to watch Monday's episode of MTV's The Search for the New Elle Woods (or whatever the damn show is called). After the judges got rid of Emma last week I actually realized that they might know what they are doing. Not one elimination has seemed suspect to me and this weeks episode again did not disappoint.

The girls started the week with a trip to the beauty salon (that's what my grandmother always called it). The brunette girls (Natalie and Autumn) went blond and the other girls got a little more bounce. I will say that neither Natalie nor Autumn looked "right" with the blond hair but kudos to them for allowing the color to happen.


My only pause was when Bailey cried over the loss of her hair (huh?). You could not even tell that it had been cut (no trimmed).

The audition this week was the song, Legally Blond, and it had to be sung with feeling (shouldn't they all). Overall most of the girls did well but Natalie; I don't know if it is her height or her strange mouth and bug eyes, just did not look the part. She is an interesting looking girl and has talent but she does not look the part at all. I guess this is why she was sent home. Now the thing about Natalie is that she took her cut like a champ. She did not talk shit about the other girls (Emma) and she accepted that she was not right for the part.


Bailey was in the bottom three this week (surprising since she seems like one of the favorites) so it will be interesting to see how she bounces back next week. I still wonder how long the winner will get to play the part on Broadway. I also wonder how Haylie Duff got this job. I wonder a lot of things while I watch this show.

No comments: