Sunday, June 13, 2010

Toddlers and Tiaras

Sadly I am home with a sick child today. We cannot seem to shake the throw ups (no fun by the way and I am just waiting to get them as well). So I am watching a marathon of Toddlers and Tiaras (look there is nothing else on). As I watch this train wreck of a show I am left wondering why?

Why are all of the women who put their children in pageants (or at least on this show) larger women?

Why does every woman fall into some sort of stereotype? And you know what I mean here. The mom that is reliving her glory days; the mom with no money who thinks this is so important; the mom that thinks her child is perfect etc etc

Why do all of the moms make multiple comments about how her child "wants" to be on stage (at age 2 really?)?

Why must 3 and 4 year olds look tan? And why do 6 year olds have to get fake teeth (or a flipper) when they lose their teeth because it is more attractive?

I know that you should never bitch about something that you are voluntarily watching but this show is just hard to turn off. Its a whole different world out there people.

3 comments:

the dogs' mother said...

I know the feeling - I get that way watching Hoarders.

I so wish we could outlaw kiddy pageants. And let Miss Teen and USA and Miss American just go away.

Hope tummies calm down soon.

David Dust said...

Oh, that show IS a train wreck!

Did you see the one with "Pageant Dad" David Perez?!? Oh honey, you MUST see him in all his glittery glory. And yes, he's married ... to a woman.

XOXOXOXOXO

BethTruta said...

I can sucked into those train wreck vortexes as well and it's both fascinating and disturbing. I feel like those woman are acting out some deficiency in their lives. Curious as to the long term effects on the children. It can't be good.

I agree with Froggy, all pageants should be outlawed, hopefully they will become obsolete in our society when people stop caring (not sure who does now...)

Hope everyone is on the mend!