Thursday, June 17, 2010

So Who Goes Home?

The show has begun.  As most of you know; So You Think You Can Dance is one of my favorite reality shows.  I enjoy and admire true talent and dance is one talent that is so far out of my realm that I admire those that are good at it.

Before I discuss who I think should go home I wanted to vent a few of my little frustrations with the new format of the show.  One of the things that I love (loved) about SYTYCD was the couples chemistry we were able to witness in the previous Top 20 format.  Now with the new "all-star" format we will never get to see two untested dancers create their own chemistry.  Each of the Top 11 will move from "all-star" to "all-star" every week.  And so many of the "all-stars" are scene stealer's.  It is difficult to tear my gaze away from Mark or Ade (and some say Pasha) to watch the contestant.  Also, who decided the "all-stars"?  Now don't get me wrong some of the choices are great (Ade, Mark, Twitch) but I am not a Comfort fan (and she was never a good partner) nor was I ever a huge Courtney fan (and neither were the judges by the tone of surprise that each had when she made the top 4 in her season).  I guess this is another "wait and see" moment as I try to enjoy the season with the changes.  Still getting used to the judges table as well.

As for last night, the dancers that I am assuming will be on the chopping block are probably (based on judges response) Lauren, Melinda and Ashley.  I will throw Jose in there as well but he seems to already have a following and NapTab numbers are normally very popular with the voters.  Of course, nothing will compare to the standing ovation that Alex received or the pure joy of Kent (he is just so excited to be on the stage).  I will be interested to see who goes home.  Any thoughts?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I really like Lauren and Melinda, though I think Melinda won't last long. Not an Ashley fan, so it won't break my heart if she was sent home. I missed the end, who did they wind up booting?