Sunday, February 26, 2012

The Oscars Tonight

I will admit that I am an award show fanatic and always have been.  I love the clothes, the speeches the grandness of it all.  Side note...on my list of things to do before I die is to be in the grandstand at the Golden Globes to watch the celebrities arrive (it could happen right).  Anyway, I will be watching tonight and taking notes for as long as I can stay awake.  The only problem with the Oscars nowadays is that it is rare that I have seen any or all of the movies that are nominated.  I like simplistic films.  I am not an arthouse kind of girl.  The year of Titanic, loved it because I loved all of the movies.  I saw Saving Private Ryan and Shakespeare in Love and Elizabeth the year that they were nominated.  But now it is all these weird, crazy, silent movies that I just can't wrap my head around.  I did watch Moneyball last night and I have seen Bridesmaids (who hasn't) but that is about it.  I wanted to see the Help but I loved the book so much that I am having trouble sitting down to watch the movie.  So I will watch tonight and try to get excited about movies I have never seen and watch speeches given by people I have never heard of.  This does not mean that I will not judge the outfits though. 

2 comments:

the dogs' mother said...

Daughter and I watch the arrival shows but not the actual show. It's all about the fashion!

Bob said...

I'm All Oscar!