Tuesday, February 21, 2012

How I Met Your Mother - Check done move on

I have been watching HIMYM lately with a little catch in my throat.  The show that I once loved has not been as funny or as clever lately and I was afraid that I was going to have to take a break.  Although, I love this show and the characters, it was taking up precious TV time and that is a hot commodity in my house.  But last night showed me, once again, why I hang on and why I continue to care about the lives of these people. 

I can see my husband and I having a box of "bets" (easily we love to gamble), I can see thinking that you love a best friend only because you feel so lonely in this world and I can see hardening your heart after it has been completely demolished even though the feelings are still there (Barney).  Last night's episode really helped to push the storyline further and kept me chuckling a lot (Barney calling God Bro, the blue french horn chained to the wall, and even Conan O'Brian in the bar).  I am glad that the idea of Ted and Robin has been completely resolved (I hope) but I do think that at some point it did have to be revisited.  The two friends just mean too much to each other. 

I am fully aware that there are a lot of naysayers out there (I am one of them sometimes) about how this show has lost its mojo.  Last night proved that it has not.  I really did enjoy the entire 30 minutes and am looking forward to next week.  I have not said that in awhile. 

1 comment:

Bob said...

I'm not a regular viewer, but every time I watch it I enjoy it.


Doesn't hurt that i loves me some NPH.