Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Lots on my mind...help!

Crazy time right now and I have not been posting as much.  Plus I am struggling with something and I need to put it out there.  Last week on Glee (did you see it? the first Whitney song was the best of the season) there was some rumblings of Kurt cheating on Blaine based on a "texting" relationship.  As this is airing, I am listening to a co-worker who is upset about finding emails from her husband and another woman.  Is this cheating? 

The texting on Glee was flirty and fun and constant.  Chandler (the other boy) was crushing on Kurt and was flirting outrageously.  And Kurt was flirting back, acknowledging that this "other boy" was giving him something that Blaine was not. 

My co-worker found emails that spanned a year and even though the husband denies anything physical happening, the emails were constant and (in my opinion) inappropriate.  "Wish you were here", "love to see you in the shower" kind of stuff. 

So my question is, how mad would you be?  Is this cheating?  If you are relying on someone else to give you something that your partner cannot or is not giving you, are you being unfaithful?  And, is this enough to end a relationship?  I guess I am just wondering where you draw the line and once you step over that line, can you go back?  Anyone????

4 comments:

the dogs' mother said...

It is cheating.
I would suggest counseling and there would be no option not to do it.

Bob said...

I kinda see it as cheating, too.
Because it's privately done, between the two parties, and kept a secret.
I wouldn't like it, and wouldn't like Carlos doing it, which is why I tell him EVERYTHING!

Career Mom said...

Yes. If it has to be kept a secret, then something isn't right. And there is such a thing as emotional cheating.

Joy said...

It's a sign of a problem that needs to be dealt with. It is cheating for all the reasons others mentioned. Counseling is essential, and it can be fixed if both partners are willing to work on it.