Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Gossip Girl - What is wrong with me?

I watched last night's Gossip Girl with hoping that (1) there would be less about Dan and Vanessa, (2) the Jenny storyline would be placed on the back burner and (3) the actress playing Chuck's mother would become a better actress. Sadly not one of my list was fulfilled. Here is my heartfelt plea to the Gossip Girl writers in hopes that we can move on to bigger and better things.

  • Get Jenny back in school. The scenes with Eric (where is he?) and Jenny fighting for the queendom were fun and age appropriate. I am tired of Jenny the rebel, Jenny the runaway and Jenny the drug-dealer. She is still in high school.
  • Dan and Vanessa are boring and stupid together. Plus what is up with Dan's hair? I just think that we have been led to believe for so long that the two are friends and now with them sleeping together it just seems a little incestuous and weird.
  • Speaking of incestuous; does it bother anyone else when Serena is giving Vanessa advice on keeping things "hot" and "new" with Dan. The two girls are going back and forth about their men when each has slept with the other. Its too much!
  • I am extremely disappointed in the casting for Chuck's mom. Chuck deserved a dynamic diva for a mother and we got a passive weakling whose voice will drive you crazy if you listen very long. I say good riddance to her and hope that she does not return.
  • As for the Jack storyline, I do feel that this is moving in the right direction and look forward to Chuck Bass coming back as his usual vindictive, bad ass self.
Come on Gossip Girl do not let me down now. As one of my few guilty pleasures I would like to watch an episode without fast forwarding more than I actually view.

1 comment:

Lisa said...

I am TOTALLY with you on this . . .