Thursday, April 15, 2010

American Idol - Straight Up!?

I am not sure how I feel about Andrew Garcia going home last night on Idol (Katie was booted too but honestly I could care less about that one). I really enjoyed Andrew during auditions (the footage with his family was great) but (and this is a big but) when he arrived on the show, none of his songs came close to his near perfect rendition of Paula Abdul's song, Straight Up. Plus his story was not played up in the way that Big Mike's was. As the judges constantly chastised Andrew for not having a personality (I thought his smile was great) Big Mike was crying, playing up his new baby or discussing his "guns". It was his time to go (I guess) I just wonder if others should have gone first. As for the final seven...I am not completely sure where I stand except to point out that Tim has surprised me and Siobhan is still screaming.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think it was Andrews time. I think he had just lost confidence and that is a hard thing to get back on a show like AI. I do think some people, ::cough::Tim::cough:: should have gone before him, but I can't really do anything about the teen girl/grandma vote.

As long as Crystal is in the final two I'll be satisfied. I think she would actually be better served not winning and having to be confined by the Idol team like past contestants like Adam Lambert or Daughtry.

I do still like Sioban but I think she is loosing confidence too and feels like she has to resort to belting to get votes, which is too bad.

Also, I can't be the only one who is totally and completely disgusted and annoyed by Ryan Seacrest this season. I think he has crossed the line with the judges and the contestants way too many times - like staring down Simon, or badgering Didi to talk about her dead friend for the 1000th time when she clearly didn't want to. I am just fed up with his behavior.

I think his dancing in the aisle while Tim Urban was singing last time was the breaking point. How rude can one guy be? It is totally distracting and disrespectful to the performer.

Then on top of that he is doing these nicknames now, Turban for Tim Urban, which is horrible enough then Sico (Psycho) for Simon Cowell, which is just insulting.

He needs to stop it immediately. It is just giving me one more reason to jump ship when Simon leaves after this season.

Tivo Mom said...

I have already decided that I will not watch again. I thought that Ellen would bring more to the table and have been disappointed. Plus I agree about Ryan. Was he always this annoying? Thanks for the comments.