Thursday, May 8, 2008

America's Next Top Model - Cycle 10

Ding dong the man is gone! Finally, finally, finally the judges had the good sense to get rid of Dominique and for the first time put a plus-sized model in the final three. I have no illusions, my guess is that Fatima and Anya will be the final two but I was happy for Whitney and so glad to see Dominique finally go home.

This week started with a photography challenge where the models had to use what they had learned to take pictures of Paulina. Both Fatima and Whitney did well (with Fatima winning her first challenge) but Anya and Dominique were all over the place. Once again, Anya speaks and I fast forward. I cannot listen to her voice and Dominique just never shuts up, which is worse?

The photos this week were a staged "red carpet" event where the models were "caught" by the paparazzi with their boyfriend. Nigel was the photographer (is it just me or is he totally full of himself) and none of the shots were that great. Not one of the girls got the concept and as Mr. J stated "they were all too posey".

The judging began and based on the photos alone I knew that it would come down to Fatima and Dominique but I had it in my head that the judges would once again pick Dominique. Thank god they did not. Her picture looked like a him, there is no better way to state it. She (he, it) looked like a drag queen and even her outfit in judging screamed trash!



So Fatima stays another week (yeah) and next week is the Cover Girl commercial. I am interested (and fascinated) to see how Anya handles speaking in a commercial. Yeah for the plus-size girls everywhere (which by the way is a size 8 people). Good for Whitney. I still don't think she will win but I am impressed with how far she has come. Good riddance to the man. As you look at the girls she (he, it) beat out over the course of the show you have to wonder what kept her (him) around for so long? Tyra, glasses?

No comments: