Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Oprah with Tom Cruise

OK, I will admit over the past few years I have jumped on the bandwagon of "Tom Cruise is weird and in a cult" thinking. I still saw most of his movies but I thought that the speed in which he and Katie Holmes had a child and then married seemed a little bizarre and of course no one really understands the whole Scientology thing.



However, as I watched the Oprah interview (both parts) on Friday and Monday my opinion changed just a little. I still thought the beginning when Katie was at the house to say "hi" to Oprah seemed a little contrived but when the man sat down and spoke of his family and his life he did not seem as bad as I once thought. I had to give him a little credit when he spoke of the horrific things that people have said regarding his family and his children he seemed so calm, whereas I would have sued and sued again. Oprah was her usually gushy self and the interview played just as she wanted but again at least they seemed relaxed together. The second part in the studio was fine. Tom received kudos from friends and cast mates (what was up with Jada Pinkett Smith's hair)



and as a fan looking back I realized how many of his movies I actually loved (and still love). I may not believe everything that the man says but my heart went out to him (just a little) when I heard him speak as a father trying to protect his children. Twenty five years in the business...my goodness I feel extremely old.

No comments: