Thursday, May 15, 2008

America's Next Top Model - Cycle 10



Thank you Tyra! I thought I was going to have to boycott the show (especially after Fatima left) but the judges pulled through and made Whitney (instead of Anya) the new America's Next Top Model!

I must say it is a good day for normal sized girls and I am happy for Whitney. However, this season of the show was flat. I was bored. Maybe I have been watching too long and I am cynical abut these girls, or maybe the girls had very little personality. Whatever the case I was not excited about the finale last night at all. Now don't get me wrong, I am glad that Whitney won and was hoping it would be either her or Fatima but just watching the commercials for Cover Girl made me cringe. Not one of these girls nailed it and made me say yeah she has the stuff to go far. Plus neither Anya nor Whitney, on the runway for Versace, was all that impressive.

I am not sure what needs to be done for the next cycle but something has to. the same old format is not working anymore. The cheesiness has gotten old and the excitement has worn off.

But kudos to Whitney and her real size body. I hope that her winning was not a publicity stunt because Tyra knew the season was ho hum. And goodbye to Anya. I have to say thank God I never have to hear her speak again.

No comments: