Wednesday, May 28, 2008

The Paper on MTV

After watching the final episode of the Amanda chronicles (seriously), I went over to MTV and watched the deleted stuff to find out what the other staffers are doing after college. I must say that it was nice to see that everyone is gearing up for college and trying to get past this invasion into the inner workings of their school newspaper.

A few comments on the last two episodes...

I agree with everyone that Amanda should have attended the ropes course. It is always a good exercise in team building and a leader should attend.



I still think that most everything out of Amanda's mouth seemed so scripted. Most of the other kids were able to speak to the camera and still sound like themselves (except Alex he got a little flustered) but she just seemed to be acting (and singing).



The "final showdown" between Alex and Amanda was just dumb. Alex seemed flustered and not ready for confrontation and Amanda spoke to him like a two year old (she does this a lot). I read all of the messages on MTV and I don't think Alex is horrible and mean. It seemed to me that he was bitter about the Editor thing (he does need to get over that) but he also picked up so much of the slack that I can understand the bitterness.



I hope that all of the kids are successful in their college ventures and that each of them can move on from this experience. It would have been nice to actually see more of the other members of the staff and not focus so much on Amanda but you "gotta have a gimmick" (my God I am becoming Amanda I just sang that in my head) and she was the gimmick.

No comments: