Friday, August 22, 2008

I am still a little miffed....


Did I ever mention that I am a huge (huge) Harry Potter fan? I was the oldest person waiting in line for the last book and I stayed up all night reading just so that I could re-read it again the next day (yes I ignored my husband and children for a few days). Although some of the movies have not been done as well as I would have liked (I always love the book more) I still get excited to see the show.

So last week I received my most recent copy of Entertainment Weekly in the mail with Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince (the 6th book) on the cover as a fall movie. In anticipation of the movie coming out around Thanksgiving I began to re-read the 6th book just to get ready (I do this for all of the movies. I know, I know I am a nerd). Much to my chagrin, the next day I discovered that the release date for this most recent film has been pushed back to July 2009. Imagine my disappointment.

Now the studios are saying it is not about money (yeah right) that there was just an open date for the movie in the summer. Now what am I supposed to do? I have already begun to re-read the book; do I put it down and pick it back up in June? I was so looking forward to getting out of the house and away from the in-laws over Thanksgiving (and getting to see the move on my own). I am not sure that the studios ever really know how much they mess up our plans when they make these decisions. It is all about me right?

On a side note; how embarrassing for Entertainment Weekly to put the movie on the cover as a fall movie when they are owned by the same company as Warner Brothers (who is releasing the movie). Gotta work on our communication people.

Full story here.

1 comment:

David Dust said...

It IS all about you - that really bites.

I enjoy the Harry Potter movies, but I've never read the books. I never read anything except blogs. I know the books are fantastic, but I never seem to have the time.

Thanks for your comment today - it means a lot.

XOXOXOXOXO