Thursday, August 14, 2008

Project Runway

I think I am getting a little bored with Project Runway this season. Is that possible? I feel as if the drama is faked and the designers are trying a little too hard (Blayne, Daniel and Suede; Suede, Daniel and Blayne; that could totally be a song). Plus the attitudes of the designers make it hard to find one person to really rout for. I mean if Brooke Shields is calling you "bratty" then maybe an attitude adjustment is in order (I say that to my children all the time). How many times can Daniel get on stage, act like a spoiled child and insist that he has good taste (no "impeccable" taste).


It's like he is Veruca Salt from Willie Wonka stamping his foot and insisting that he get the "Golden Ticket". Obviously you are all on Project Runway for a reason people; you haven't made it yet. Try to get rid of some of your cockiness and maybe, just maybe you will learn something. OK I am done (I think).

So last night the basic recap (if you want more David Dust is your man? as always): The challenge was to design an outfit for Brooke Shields' character on Lipstick Jungle (I totally called that in last week's recap). The designers were in teams of two. Keith's design (along with partner Kenley) won the challenge while Daniel and Kelli lose on a black and leopard tight suit number. Sadly Kelli was sent home (apparently because her taste is not as "impeccable as Daniels').


Blayne made an outfit of Bermuda shorts (for work?) and got to stick around for another week. I thought that Joe and Korto were going to throw down at one point when he sold her out to Tim but alas it did not happen. They "talked" things over. See what I mean...boring.

Next week my favorite person from last season is back; Chris March. Maybe designing for Drag Queens will put a little life back into Runway. Later taters.

1 comment:

David Dust said...

If the Drag Queen lineup is any hint, next week's episode will be out of control. Many of these "girls" I have seen in person, and they are hysterical. I guarantee they will be WORKING hard for their 15 minutes of fame.

And we get to see Chris March in Viking drag. Heaven... pure Heaven!!

XOXOXOXOXOXO