Friday, August 8, 2008

Project Runway

As I get back into the groove I realize that I can never explain with the detail of David Dust what goes on during a Project Runway episode. Therefore, here are a few of the choice quotes that struck my fancy on this weeks episode:

"life goes on, its a competition, and someone has to go home" states Korto when describing how "sad" she is that Emily has been sent home. Not looking for life long friends I guess.

"I just want to go tanning, please." Obviously poor Blayne is going to wilt away and die with no color on his skin. As he said, "some people go to the gym, I go to the tanning bed." Jarell called Blayne "tanorexic" during the episode, I just call him skin cancer.

If anyone saw the episode, Daniel's face at the end when he was in the bottom was so surprised. Once again we are to note that he is "into high end glamour" which is fine Daniel but you have to challenge yourself in the competition. Raise your hands if anyone can see the track and field girls wearing the cocktail dress that he created. High end glamour my ass!

This is my favorite quote by far this season..."a sista's gotta keep one eye open, that's all I'm sayin..." Terri seemed concerned about her fabric that Keith was "stealing" from her. Don't worry Terri I think you can take him.

As Stella created her all black ensemble for the Olympic games she defended in (in her mind) because "there are a lot of bikers in this country and they watch the Olympics." She wanted her outfit to "represent the country in a bad-ass way!" Now Stella and Terri that would be fun, hmmm...

And of course from the self proclaimed straight man Joe..there is "too much drama because there's too many queens." Maybe so Joe but these queens do have talent.

In the end Korto won with her all white look and mousy little Jennifer and her "surrealism" (what does that mean anyway) were sent home.


Next week Brooke Shields. Daniel V. from season 2 did some work on Lipstick Jungle...any connection you think? Just have to wait and see. Later taters.

1 comment:

David Dust said...

Darling Tivo Mom -

I was waiting for Terri to get all 'Whitney Houston' up on Keith's no-good, fabric-taking, Bobby Brown butt!!

As always, thanks for the compliment.

XOXOXOXO

Your Devoted David