Friday, August 8, 2008

So You Think You Can Dance!


America picked their favorite dancer and it was......Joshua!


I kind of guessed that it would be Joshua or Twitch. The seemed to have the popular vote, although Katee seemed to have the judges vote. And poor little Courtney had no ones vote. Now I thought Courtney did well (as did all the dancers, I mean hell I can't do it) but if you had said at the start of the top twenty who was going to be the final four she would not have been a part of it. This made me think...who would have been in my top four.

So here are the four dancers that I truly believed would have been in the top four had the judges been able to vote and not America.

1. Will. Everyone loved him and he danced every dance terrific. Plus he is (or was) Debbi Allen's protegee, how can you go wrong with that?

2. Katee. She deserved to be there. She danced all dances well and even received standing ovations for a few (especially the Pas de Deux with Will).

3. Joshua. I am going to agree that he should have been in the final four as well. For an "untrained" (was he really?) dancer he took on many dances that were spectacular. Plus he had a humble personality that just spoke volumes about his gratefulness to be on the show.

4. Chelsie. Eliminated in the final six, Chelsie was the one dancer that embodied every character she was given. She worked well with all of her partners (although her dances with Mark were the most memorable) and she really met every challenge head on.

Now don't get me wrong, I loved Twitch and Kherington and thought that as a couple they too were fun to watch. And there were others who really blew me away on any given week but the above four were the ones that I feel really performed every dance above and beyond their own ability.

As it stands Joshua has won it...now what will he do? Broadway? Music Videos? Movies? With $250,000 he can take a little time to figure it out. I am a new fan of the show and I must say I will be back. Later taters.

No comments: