Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Tyra Banks a Diva; Are We Surprised?


According to the NY Post, Tyra Banks kept her studio audience waiting over two hours today while she chatted with her model guests. When she was finally ready to come onstage she did not utter one word of apology to the audience and proceeded to start the show.

Now lets be honest; is anyone actually surprised that Tyra is a Diva? I am a fan of America's Next Top Model and I still cannot stand Ms. Banks. One of the reasons that I love Tivo so much is that I can fast forward through her constant self appreciative moments when she preaches to the girls about body image, the environment and her days as a model. I love the cattiness of the models, and the challenges that they must attempt on the show; however the minute the judging begins I tune out knowing that once again Tyra is going to attempt the "smile with her eyes" or the hunched over position that we see in her one high fashion pose.

The new cycle of America's Next Top Model starts on September 3 and I will be watching. I did stop watching the talk show last year. It is hard to fast forward the parts of the show that Tyra is in when it is actually her talk show. At that point I am just watching commercials. That just defeats the purpose of Tivo altogether.

No comments: