Monday, August 4, 2008

So I am Back....

OK I watch too much television! I just got back from vacation and my Tivo list was completely full and...I lost a few shows (talk about sensory overload). Now finally after a weekend trying to catch up with my shows (which I finally have) I can dish a little on the shows that I left in limbo when I decided to take a break.

First up; The Search for the Next Elle Woods....Bailey totally won (as if I had any doubt) and she looked and acted the part. As for Autumn, she was a sweet girl but as the judges said she was not believable as a sorority girl (and I should know being a former one myself, go Sig Kap). Again, it will be interesting to see how long Bailey will last on Broadway but the show was entertaining and I got a laugh out of 19 (or 20) year old saying that being on Broadway was their "life long" dream. Having a dream like that makes total sense when you have struggled and worked for years like these girls (sarcasm at its best). Also, good luck to Haylie Duff in her next "Broadway" endeavor (OK maybe I am a little punchy today).


Next up was the final episodes of Design Star. I kind of had a feeling that it would come down to Matt and Jenn and I honestly can say that i would have been happy with either one. Both contestants were fun and giving. There was very little sniping amongst the two of them and they were both extremely talented. Most of you know that Jennifer did win last night and I think that she will be great on her own show. My heart went out to Matt but I still think he will be successful and I adore his smile (not that that has anything to do with design). Last night on the reunion special Mikey V was noticeably absent (but they were not scared to show him in the flashbacks) and I got a little tired of everyone saying how close they were and how nice Tracee really is in person. The camera catches something people; some of the time it has to be your true self. Overall the season was a little boring but full of talent. I do think that Vern Yipp is getting more critical in his advancing years. Does he just not like the competition?


Finally, finally Project Runway has returned. As I get to know the contestants and try to figure out who to root for I am astonished to know that three weeks have already passed. Blayne is annoying and trying so hard to be the personality of the season. The combination of his orange body, his gap teeth and his use of the word licious is enough to make me fast forward through some of his sections. Also, trying to get Tim Gunn to say "holla at ya boy" is like me trying to contort my body into Yoga positions. It's not going to happen and its just embarrassing to watch. As for Suede(dear Suede) please stop speaking of yourself in third person. You sound like an imbecile and combined with your look people might mistake you for someone who really does have a few screws missing (I was going to say retarded but that is not PC). I will do a full recap on Thursday but thus far the judges have been correct on the people they sent home (OK maybe not Emily but her dress was boring).


Two more weeks until school starts so I am still going to be sporadic on the computer but bear with me and I will start to become more consistent once my little demons are being watched by someone else all day.

Later taters.

1 comment:

David Dust said...

Welcome back!

I have posted PLENTY about Design Star and Project Runway. Check it out when you have a chance.

XOXOXOXOXO