Sunday, September 13, 2009

Are You Ready For Some Football?

Today is the day. The first full Sunday of NFL games. Last year, as most of you know, I came in first in our little NFL pool. I walked away with $650 and was very proud of myself for beating my husband and my brother. This year I am going to post my picks every Sunday so that you can see how I do. Just remember that for me there is no rhyme or reason. I do this for fun, I have my favorites and when in doubt if the team has an NC State alum I will pull for them. Also remember I am picking against a spread and I have to rank the teams based on my level of expectations (does this make sense?). For example: this week I rank the Sunday games from 16 to 4 based on which game I am most sure of and which I am least. So my #16 this week is the Giants who I expect to beat the Redskins by 6.5 or more. If the Giants win this game by more than 6.5 points I receive 16 points, make sense? So without further ado, here are my picks for the week. We will see what happens.

My Picks Points
Miami 4
Baltimore 5
Carolina 7
Cincy 12
Cleveland 6
Houston 15
Indy 13
New Orleans 9
Dallas 8
Arizona 14
NY Giants 16
Seattle 10
Green Bay 11

and here are the spreads that I had to use. Tell me what you think.

Sunday Spreads
ATLANTA - 4 - Miami
BALTIMORE - 13 - Kansas City
Philadelphia - 1.5 - CAROLINA
CINCINNATI - 4.5 - Denver
Minnesota - 4 - CLEVELAND!
HOUSTON - 4.5 - NyJets
INDIANAPOLIS - 7 - Jacksonville
NEW ORLEANS - 13 - Detroit
Dallas - 6 - TAMPA
ARIZONA - 6.5 - San Francisco
NYGINTS - 6.5 - Washington
SEATTLE - 8.5 - St. Louis
GREEN BAY - 3.5 - Chicago

This should be interesting!

No comments: