Friday, September 11, 2009

Doctor's Appointment

I had some interesting news this week. Apparently I am B12 deficient (the vitamin). I have not thought anything of this; apparently it is the new thing. Anyway the way in which you build up your B12 is to get shots; which I have been doing for 4 months. I started with everyday, then went to every week and finally the last few months I have had a shot monthly. I went to the doctor this week and the shots are not working. Soooooooooo....I now have to give myself a shot every two weeks. Wait what? WTF (you know what this means right)? I actually have to stick myself with a needle every two weeks; on my thigh. How in the hell am I going to do this? I am currently looking for alternatives (they are limited). Freaking out just a little.

3 comments:

David Dust said...

OMG - I am scared to death of needles! I hope there is something else you can do.

You poor thing!!!!

XOXOXOXOXOXOXO

Anonymous said...

That's horrible! I know some diabetics who have to do insulin shots and my poor cousin took steroid shots when she was younger to help with growth. Needles are no fun when they start pop up daily or weekly!

What are the side effects/risks of not having enough B12? There have to be some type of alternatives. No oral supplements, no sprays or anything?

BethTruta said...

Ah! That is scary. Shots?! Keep us posted.

Also finally saw Glee from last week (i'm behind) and thought it was excellent. They are planting wonderful seeds for the entire season.