Monday, June 9, 2008

HGTV's Design Star


I have always been a fan of this show and was super excited about the new season beginning last night. Not to be a spoilsport or anything but I was disappointed. Not only did the entire idea of the show taking place in Nashville not appeal to me; not one of the new contestants struck me as someone to pull for. I loved Charlotte Will last season and Kim (the one who won) for their personalities. Obviously I was huge fan of Sparkle Josh (as was everyone) and I felt that all of the contestants brought something different to the table. This season the annoying young gay guy (Micheal) who thinks he is amazing is just a pain in the ass (I so wanted him to be fun and maybe he still will be). The girl who was chosen over her husband (Jennifer) talks weird (OK picky I know but I have to listen to her) just seems so bland and I am not sure how much design can be done without power tools (big boobed Stephanie).

Last night after the painful deliberations to take the 39 to the final 9 (by the way does Cynthia Rowley look as bad to everyone else as she does to me) the group gathered in a field in Nashville to build their own house. They have a week to do it and $100,00. I will stay tuned until next week to see if the mission is accomplished and to find out who will be the first to go. Hopefully I will find a diamond in the rough to pull for. If not it will be a disappointment to me from a show that I have loved for two years. Please get better!

No comments: