Thursday, June 26, 2008

So You Think You Can Dance!

As I wait with bated breath to see who is going home this week I suddenly realize that once again I have been sucked in to the oblivion of another reality television dimension. I don't like dance shows. I have no rhythm and am completely white (you know what I mean) when it comes to dancing so I never like to watch anything that seems impossible. OK I do realize that cooking a gourmet meal or designing clothes is impossible as well but these are talents that could (?) happen. Maybe? So how did I get sucked in? Well one of my closest friends from college just raves about this show. She is a dancer and was so excited about the fourth season that I thought she was going to expire from waiting for it to begin. I suggest shows to her all of the time so I thought I would take one of hers and try it out. Little did I know that I would once again get sucked in.

Basic concept, 20 finalists compete to be "America's Favorite Dancer". Each week a boy and girl pair will perform a dance (drawn out of a hat) and the judges will comment (think American Idol without Paula but with a loud screaming woman). Then America gets to vote and the couples with the least votes have to perform solos to stay in the competition. The judges ultimately decide who goes home (a little different) until the finals.

Now my favorite couples are Joshua and Katee



Twitch and Kherington



and Chelsea and Mark.



All did well last night but we will see what happens tonight on the "live" results show. As always I watch nothing live because I hate commercials. I will admit that the judges are annoying but if you can get past Mary screaming the show is excellent; and this from someone who would never watch a dance show. Tune in tomorrow when I let you know who was booted. fingers crossed that it was not one of my favorites, although I never vote so I have only myself to blame.

No comments: