Wednesday, June 25, 2008

The Search for Elle Woods - MTV

I am now caught up with this show (I had not watched the last two episodes) and now that I have I am not sure what to think about the trials and tribulations of Broadway. These girls can certainly sing, act and dance (OK some of them are weak on dance) but they are also whiny, pretentious and completely arrogant. Maybe this is the way one must be to make it in "showbiz" but a little humility never hurt anyone.

The last two weeks the girls have really focused on their singing and even I (with an untrained ear) can tell that some of these girls confuse yelling (and belting out) with actual singing. Yet they never question their abilities.

Last week Lindsay went home because she faded into the background and was not "punching through" enough. When they looked at her they saw Elle, when she opened her mouth they did not (?). This week in a "twist" (?) two girls were let go: Celina, a too tall red head who never could have passed for Elle Woods and who was just too sexy in her movements (their words not mine although she did sashay off the stage at the end).


And Cassie (the villain) who none of the girls liked and in my opinion the one that just tried to hard. Everything she did was so contrived and so fake plus her voice was squeaky and just wrong.


Now six girls remain to become the next Elle Woods (OK I almost did not think that with a straight face). Now don't get me wrong, I am enjoying watching the show but do I honestly think that any of these girls has all that it takes to be on Broadway in 8 shows a week? Absolutely not! Just a few tidbits from the episode;

The girls had to bond with the dogs this week. OK I know that the dog is central to the storyline but I found this very funny that this was the challenge of the week; bonding with the dog.


Cassie could not understand why none of the girls liked her although she got up on stage and told the judges that everyone let her down for her song. Hmmmm I can't imagine why those girls don't like you. She then cried and said that she was not sued to girls and had no girlfriends. Once again, I can't imagine why.

Emma seems to harsh for me to take seriously in the goofiness of the play. She seems like the girl who smokes cigarettes and talks shit about people (sarcastically) and in no way does she seem touchy feely. I am close to right since she continues to announce that she quit smoking three weeks ago.

I still love Bailey and Rhiannon although Bailey better get her mess together. The judges seem frustrated with her same old same old performance. Rhiannon was the one to beat this week.


Next week is dancing which will separate the girls from the ??? Elle's (Oh God did I write that?). Till then!

No comments: