Thursday, August 27, 2009

I am not sure how I feel about this yet...

I love all things Gossip Girl (you know this). But I especially love Chuck Bass. His sarcastic charm and womanizing ways make him one of my favorite characters on television. Apparently in the upcoming season Chuck Bass will participate in a little man-on-man action. According to the books (of which I have never read) Chuck Bass swings both ways sexually. I don't have a problem with this per se; I love a good gay character. In this situation the problem that I have is that the television show has really promoted Chuck as the slutty guy. Yes he dresses well (OK he has his own style) but he sleeps around, picks up random women and in general acts like a shit. They even used Britany's song (Womanizer) to promote him. And now to do a 180 (or 360) on his character seems a little severe. Plus there is already a gay character on the show who has no screen time. I guess I will have to wait and see how the actual scene plays out before I complain. I just do not want a situation where the writers assume that once you run out of storylines for a character "lets just make him gay" will work to keep the stories fresh. Read the whole story on EW.com (here). What do you think? Happy? Excited? Frustrated? or just wait and see?

No comments: