Tuesday, April 7, 2009

I did not watch my shows last night...

I have not watched Gossip Girl yet because I was otherwise occupied last night (not doing that). I finally sat down and watched the Twilight movie. As I have posted before, I have read all the books and enjoyed them all. The movie was an entirely different story. The Twilight movie was...low budget and dumb. Maybe the book did not translate well or maybe the young actors were just that; young (inexperienced) actors. For whatever the reason, I was disappointed and mad about wasting two hours on the movie. Did anyone else see the movie? If so what did yo think? Am I being overly critical?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well I haven't read any of the books so you can take my comments with that in mind. But my roomie rented it through Netflix and OMG was that movie horribly awfully amazing! Hahaha. I had heard that the vampires sparkle and have reflections and things like that which really turned me off from the books, but the line in the movie where Edward steps into the light and sparkles and Bella exclaims "You're beautiful" and he responds "This is the skin of a monster!!" was LOL funny. My roomie and I just looked and each other and repeated the lines and couldn't stop laughing.

Yeah the movie was not good. The writing was horrible and the story just seemed pretty flat. I can see how people can get into a great love story between the two characters, but if even half the movie lines/plot was taken from the books, I won't be picking them up. I guess I am just more of an Interview with the Vampire kinda girl. I like my vamps dark, edgy, and non-sparkling. I did LOVE her orange truck though.

Plus the guy who played Edward was also Cedric Diggory in Harry Potter 4, and I missed his Brittish accent...

Kim said...

Well, of course, movies are never as good as the book! And I agree, it was a bit cheesy, but I enjoyed it because there were some scenes that were portrayed exactly like I had imagined them in my head. And also, we watched it in the movie theatre and there were lots of tween girls in there watching and giggling and squealing at the "romantic" parts, which made me giggle at their reactions. It was not the best movie ever made, but it was enjoyable, and I will probably go see the sequels.