Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Interesting People Everywhere

I got back from New York on Sunday and although I had a good trip it was good to get home. My sister's surgery went well and she is on the road to recovery. Oh and on my way to the airport on Sunday I drove through Queens (sort of) and thought of David Dust and his packing. David, just so you know, my sister lives in Port Washington on Long Island which actually seems fairly close to Queens (but I have no idea). Anyway, I had something interesting happen on my flight on Friday.

I sat next to a pregnant woman and when the snacks came she rubbed her belly and said that she was hungry. I asked when she was due and she became very quiet and then told me her story (she was a talker). This woman, who had three children of her own, is carrying twins for her brother and his husband (they were married in Connecticut). She is supposed to give birth to a boy and a girl for the couple but had an amnio on Thursday and something is wrong with the girl baby. So her brother's husband who is extremely over-protective (who would not be?) flew her to New York on Friday to see a "real" doctor (because we have none of those in Florida). I will never know what happens but my heart went out to this woman and those babies (and the completely unselfish thing she is doing for her family). I hope that all is well and both babies are happy and healthy and have a wonderful life.

So I am back and in the throes of the last full week of school. Parties and end of the year gifts galore. I hope that everyone had a great weekend.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad it was a good trip and your sister is doing well. Thought about you a lot, especially Friday Night.

the dogs' mother said...

You need to put your feet up for just a minute!

David Dust said...

Don't even MENTION packing right now...

XOXOXOXOXOXOXOXO

Tivo Mom said...

Thank you all. You made me smile today and I needed it...

BethTruta said...

Glad it went well. Hope your sister continues to do well. As for the pregnant woman, wish her well. It's amazing how people can touch you when you least expect it.