Saturday, May 29, 2010

My Favorite Dennis Hopper Role...

Today Dennis Hopper died at the age of 74. Known for playing a bad boy or a rebel I will remember Mr. Hopper for a much different role. On my list of favorite movies is a movie called Hoosiers. Gene Hackman starred in this wonderful story of the little team that could. The most amazing performance in the movie is given by Dennis Hopper as a down on his luck drunk who happens to be the father of one of the players on the team. As we watch him long for the good old days of high school and the exulted status most sports stars receive, you either love him or hate him but you cannot deny he is a true master of acting skills. In fact he was nominated for an Oscar for this role. As far as his off-screen antics and rumored bizarre attitude, this is the role that I will remember him for. May he rest in peace!

1 comment:

Joy said...

Ditto! Hoosiers is one of my very favorite movies ever. He was so good in that and made that character break my heart.