- Landry is the saving grace on this show sometimes. He always does what he is supposed to do. No one wanted to go to East Dillon but Landry got his letter and never questioned his redistricting.
- At some point in his life Matt Saracen needs to get a break. Not only does he have the degrading job of delivering "Panther pizza" but his art school hopes seem far away and it seems as if his grandmother is getting worse.
- When did JD McCoy (the young quarterback from last year) become such a tool? His father is getting in his head and I wanted so badly for Matt to kick his ass.
- No one ever expected Tim Riggins to last at college and we were right. His return home was not exactly the warm homecoming he expected. Looking forward to seeing what he makes of his time in Dillon.
- I am looking forward to getting to know the "new" kids. Vince looks interesting and I can already tell that he might break my heart.
- As for the Taylors; I loved it when Tami did the coin toss. In her own way she let the Panthers football team know that she was not going to let anyone tell her what to do. Julie wants to go to East Dillon (where is Gracie by the way?) which both of her parents disagree with. And Coach Taylor, well lets just say he has his work cut out for him. Some of Kyle Chandler's best work was in the episode last night.
Saturday, May 8, 2010
Its Back and Better Than Ever!
I actually stayed home last night. On a Friday night I was on my couch patiently (OK not really) waiting for the return of the best television show ever. Now before we get into any sort of argument over what is the best I will admit; I love my Glee, I love my Modern Family etc etc but nothing compares to Friday Night Lights. Kyle Chandler and Connie Britton are without a doubt the best actors on television right now. Now I know that plenty of people have watched this entire season on DirectTV but my husband would not get DirectTV for me and when my reasoning included "I want to see Friday Night Lights when it really airs" my fight went out the window. So anyway, I am poised to watch the show, on a Friday night and this is what I thought...AWESOME!