Tuesday, September 30, 2008

The Amazing Race (Sort of)

I have been remiss in my blog duties lately. With being out of town and then trying to work and get the children where they need to be, my television watching has been confined to about two hours a night (not enough, not nearly enough). I did finally watch the newest round of The Amazing Race last night and I will be brief.

After so much hype about the bee keepers, Anita and Arthur, I felt as if we never really got a chance to know them. They were eliminated first and there was no real camera time spent with them. I will say that if I lived in Salvador, Brazil and saw Anita and Arthur coming I probably would have taken a second look. Hippie is an understatement.


As for the rest of the teams, the jury is still out. It usually takes me a few weeks to pick my favorites and no one stood out thus far. I did enjoy the brother/sister bond of Starr and Nick and I hated the way that Terence spoke to Sarah but it was just the premiere so more on that next week. I always hate it when someone says "I am not here to make friends" (Terence). My feeling is; shouldn't you be nice and if you make friends that is just an extra bonus.

OK, OK I will take my Pollyanna self back to the television and watch Gossip Girl right now. No school today for a Jewish holiday. We were not used to this in North Carlina but if they want to close the schools it is fine by me. My children agree. Later taters.

2 comments:

Jacki said...

I had a tivo malfunction and missed the first episode. I need to see if I can find it online...just been too lazy to look that hard yet.
Beekeepers, eh? Interesting.

Anonymous said...

I know right. Did we ever assume that anyone still did that in this world? Hope I did not ruin it for you.