Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Gossip Girl in The Hamptons

Gossip Girl is back and I would like to say with a vengeance but alas I am unable to. Last night in the Hampton's the season premiere was a bit lackluster (kind of like a beach vacation) but some fun things did happen and left the door open for a new start in the city.

I knew that the writers could not keep Dan and Serena apart for long and they were back together in less than an hour. Who knows what this year will bring now that we all know Serena's big "secret".


This is the part that really got to me; trying to get Chuck Bass to utter the words "I love you" is against all laws of nature and should ever be attempted again. Chuck apparently was miffed that Blaire got over him so quickly (she didn't really) and then he realized that he actually does care about her (OMG shock!). Here is my appeal to the writers; let Chuck Bass be Chuck Bass. Let him lie, cheat, fornicate and act like a pompous ass because this is why we love him. No more of this wussy boy "I love you" crap.


Now Blaire has moved on to a man with a title (a Lord I think). Nate is having an illicit affair with a married woman and little Jenny has made nice with Eric and is just trying to get her designs (?) out there. Was this all enough to hook me for a second season? Yes but (you knew there was a but) don't f*** with the formula that brought me here. Keep the drama coming. Later taters (and XOXO you know you love me; had to do it).

No comments: