Friday, December 12, 2008

Have To, Not Want To...


So tonight is the annual Holiday party for my husband's office. Not only do I have to get dressed up and make small talk with a bunch of engineers, I also have do this sober. That's right people, the annual Holiday bash does not (and never has) serve alcoholic beverages. The good old boy network is so concerned about liability that they will not allow their employees to cut loose, have a little fun, and then find a responsible ride home. So think of me this evening (wanting to be in my pj's watching a movie) out on the town, paying a babysitter (what a waste of money) completely sober. Does that sound like super fun?

4 comments:

the dogs' mother said...

They could have canceled... Eldest says they are canceling business holiday parties left and right at his restaurant.

Joy said...

Good luck! I'll be thinking about you.

David Dust said...

No liquor?!? That's just evil.

Hope you survived.

XOXOXO

Anonymous said...

I made it through the party unscathed. Never again i say (OK thats a lie I will have to go next year). Thanks for the well wishes.