Monday, December 15, 2008

My Day...

So today was my last day of work (with the two year olds) until after the first of the year and it was a doozy. Not only did we have the Christmas party at school (with plenty of sugar) but Santa came to visit. Now I am not sure that many of you are aware that at this age (2) Santa is one scary dude. (picture from CNN.com)


I literally had three screaming children hanging on my legs while trying to walk, take pictures and speak coherently to the parents. One little girl was shaking so badly that I had to pick her up and hold her the entire time Santa was in our vicinity. But we made it through and all of the children made it home in one piece with visions of ....well you know the rest.


I now have the rest of the week to clean, finish shopping, and wrap presents before we leave for our two week jaunt back to our home state. By the way, for anyone needing to go to the Post Office...don't do it. I waited in line for 45 minutes today (after work) to mail my Christmas cards (yes they are finally done). The line was out the door and only two people were working. I know that this time of year has to be hard for them but can they not hire temporary people?


Now I get to go cook dinner and try to not fall asleep by 8pm (hello How I Met Your Mother is tonight). Later taters!

No comments: