Thursday, December 18, 2008

I used to be a fan...


I always loved Jeremy Piven. From Say Anything to Grosse Point Blank, he was my favorite of John Cusack's sidekicks. Then he was cast in Entourage (one of my favorite shows) and I thought that finally he was getting the respect he deserved. After winning multiple Emmy's he seemed to really be making a name for himself. Little did I know that this might (might?) go to his head. There have been rumors swirling the past few years that Piven and Cusack are no longer friends (some crap about Cusack being jealous of his friends success) and that he (Piven) had become a huge womanizer (he has been spotted with multiple models). Then People.com (full story here) ran an article today about Jeremy Piven dropping out of a Broadway show because of high mercury levels (what?)? Is this true? Or did he just abandon his fellow cast members on a whim? I don't know but it sure does make me look at him differently if, in fact, he walked out. Here is what the David Mamet (playwright) had to say:

"I talked to Jeremy on the phone, and he told me that he discovered that he had a very high level of mercury," Mamet told Daily Variety. "So my understanding is that he is leaving show business to pursue a career as a thermometer."

Kind of shitty (Piven not Mamet) if you ask me.

1 comment:

David Dust said...

OMG - that thermometer quote is priceless.

XOXO