Thursday, January 5, 2012

What I Read Over Christmas...

I said no.  I said I was not interested.  I said it was not my thing.  And then, I gave in.  I sat down, with my new Kindle (yep I got a Kindle, Momma has moved up in the world) and read all three books in The Hunger Games series.  I read The Hunger Games in a day, I read Catching Fire in a day and yes I read Mockingjay in a day.  I literally could not put the books down.  And I don't know why.  These books are futuristic, violent and children suffering is one of the themes.  Never my thing.  I have always said that I read for pleasure because my imagination is way worse than the words on a page but for some reason I absolutely devoured these books.  I cannot say that I loved them because this would be strange for so many reasons but they definitely fascinated me.  Except for the final book.  I will say the first 2 were superbly written and well thought out.  The last book in the series, Mockingjay, felt rushed and not as well developed.  Plus I hated the ending (and that is all I will say but I hated it). 

So this begs the question...will I see the movie?  I don't know.  The images in my head were disturbing so seeing those images on the big screen might be too much for me.  Then again, Lenny Kravitz is in the movie.  I do have until March to decide. 

Has anyone else read the books?  Thoughts? Comments?  Let me know.

No comments: