Thursday, February 19, 2009

The Biggest Loser - Be Careful What You Wish For

I hate to say it (and I will bite my tongue in a minute) but The Biggest Loser has become slightly ho-hum (is that a word?). Now that Joelle is gone and I have no one to hate on, I am ambivalent (nice word right) about who stays or who goes.

For example, this week when the remaining contestants had to fight to keep the gym, you just knew that one of the two teams that had gym privileges (Pink or Brown) would fall below the yellow line. It was just too easy.

So after another immunity challenge (barely paid attention, something to do with rowing) the weigh in happened and surprise, surprise Pink fell below the yellow line.

Now I do need to mention the one thing that caught me off guard when Pink fell below and one of their members had to go. The Pink team is a mother/daughter team in which the mom has been on the Ranch the entire time. The daughter was brought back (after the first month with everyone else) but at this point the Mom wants to stay. As a parent, I want to give my children everything. Everything I never had and then some. It is the only aspect of my life in which I am completely unselfish. Not so for Pink mom! She wants to be on the Ranch and she gets what she wants. Screw her fat daughter who needs help too! Nice parenting by the way.

Till next week.

3 comments:

RookieRuggerLSU said...

I personally was thrilled when the Pink team fell below. They are just too whiny for me. And I think it was completely selfish for the mom to want to stay over her child. The daught weighs quite a bit more and needed to be there more. The daughter only wanted to go because it would please her mother. There are some co-dependency issues going on here.

That is my problem with Bob Harper. He is so involved in the "game play" and doing yoga, etc, but he hardly spends time on the "psychology" of obesity. Jillian is MUCH better at this - ironic since she was introduced as the militant trainer and now she is the trainer with a heart. Shanon would have been much better off staying and letting her mom go home. I wonder just how well Shanon will really do now.

Anonymous said...

Yeah the pink team was fine, but I didn't really have a connection with them.

I know there are probably more reasons behind why the mom wanted to stay and why the daughter complied. But from my perspective, the daughter had a more serious problem with her weight and had spent way less time on the ranch learning how to get healthy, than her mom. Mom should have taken responsibility and asked for her daughter to stay like the brown team had done before, and like I am sure the purple team would do if it came to that.

And I definitely agree about the difference between Bob and Jillian. I love looking at Bob, hehe, but I would much rather train with Jillian!

Tivo Mom said...

I still love Bob but you are right he seems too worried about gameplay. Let's see how this one plays out. Has Bob ever won?