Monday, February 23, 2009

Oscar in general

So how boring are the Oscars when you have not seen any of the movies (except for the animated ones) and can not get excited about any of the "has beens" that are back? Pretty damn boring if you ask me. Now don't get me wrong there were a few highlights for me.

1. Hugh Jackman was absolutely, deliciously great. He sang, he danced and he looked hot doing it. Bravo!

2. Kate Winslet finally won and although I did not see the movie I love her classy effortless acceptance speeches.

3. Ben Stiller doing his best (or worst whichever way you want to look at it) impression of Joaquin Phoenix.

4. Skit starring Seth Rogen and James Franco (I love that he is so funny) about comedy in movies, sitting on a couch looking high as kites.

5. And as always the clothes. Oh the clothes!

My favorites were Kate Winslet


and the stunning Anne Hathaway!


I absolutely hated Reese Witherspoon (not her, her dress)

and Beyonce' looked a little (or a lot) hootchie in her gold and black number.


What did you like, dislike, love or hate about this year's show?

3 comments:

the dogs' mother said...

Didn't watch or see many movies *but* I do look up the fashions online and read some of the speeches.
We'll catch a few on PPV.

Anonymous said...

I liked all the things you mentioned as well. I also didn't see any of the best picture noms. Movies are just too expensive for me to go to all the time as a college student. $12 for a matinee?! Ugh.

The James Franco and Seth Rogen bit was a take-off of their movie Pineapple Express. Another one I meant to see but didn't get around to. I think I need to get Netflix...

Oh, and if you like the Judd Apatow movies with Rogen and Franco and such I suggest the old-ish TV series called Freaks and Geeks. It is where Apatow and and all those guys met and started working together.

Joy said...

I blogged about what I liked and didn't and thought Hugh Jackman was a wonderful host. Tina Fey and Steve Martin were hilarious. There were some heartfelt, touching speeches. I was happy enough with the winners and saw most of the movies.