Thursday, February 26, 2009

The Biggest Loser - The Real Recap

As most of you have seen (or guessed) last nights (and Tuesday nights) episode of The Biggest Loser broke the teams up into new teams of Blue (Bob) and Black (Jillian). Bob and his team were just devastated. I hold true to my statement earlier that Bob has to be mad because once again it looks as if Jillian will beat him in the finale. He lost his big guys and after the elimination last night lost his biggest threat. Here is how it all went down.

Each contestant had to do up/downs (football term) to determine who came in first (Green) and who came in last (Pink). The team that came in first got to stay with their same trainer, while the team in last had to switch. The rest of the teams had to flip a coin to determine their fate. The Brown team was the only team that was split down the middle (Mike went to Black and Ron stayed on Blue).

As the new teams started to train everyone was feeling the pull of being with their former team. Next up was a challenge and the winner received a 3 pound pass at the next weigh-in. The challenge was a 24 hour bike ride to see which team could travel the most miles. The Black team won and received the win but it was a moral victory for everyone (I am full of shit but the speeches were getting to me last night).

The weigh-in started out strong as the Blue team pulled decent numbers but you just knew that the Black team was going to take them down. And they did, so the Blue team had to determine who was going home. Now here is my issue; as a team if you want to win you want strong players on the team. I love Ron but he has never pulled big numbers because his health restricts so many of his workouts. Dane always does well and is a strong competitor but then there are 4 other women. Not once was woman mentioned as going home and this is what surprised me. You need your bigger men on the team and they got rid of their strongest. I have a feeling that the Blue team is just going down from here. With Dane gone, any challenges should be easily won by the Black team.

So that is it in a nutshell and the next few weeks should be interesting. I hate that the teams were moved around but we needed a shake-up with Joelle gone (the show was getting a little boring).

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I do think Bob was sad that his team was split up, but I do agree that a lot of the emotion came from losing his big boys.

Why did they get rid of Dane again? He was the only real competition against Tara in any of the challenges! Yeah the girls lost big numbers this week, but good luck getting that to happen all the time now. I think Helen should have gone home. She is under 200 with not a lot more to loose and she could have gone home to the support of her daughter. I agree with what Dane said that Ron saw Dane as a threat to his son. Jillian is going to rule the camp from now on.

And am I the only one a little annoyed by the way Sione acted after being switched to to Jillian. It might have been editing, but I just wanted him to stop pouting. It's not like you are leaving camp! Bob is just across the room, haha. He pulled a 10 though, so props to him for coming through for himself and the team.

BethTruta said...

Hi Tivo Mom, I read your blog (i found you through nbc.com) and rarely chime in (but love your blog b/c hardly anyone i know watches the biggest loser and you seem like a really nice person!). Anyway, I thought this week was incredible. I am a huge fan of Bob but think he was worried about losing too. He knows that the those cousins were his key. I also can't help but wonder if there is something else going on in his life then this situation unglued him. Hmm.

I'm pulling for Sione or anyone but Tara to win. She needs to be stopped.

Keep up the good blogs!

Anonymous said...

I'm pulling for Sione or anyone but Tara to win. She needs to be stopped

Aww I like Tara! We need some strong women to show the men how it's done ;) haha

Tivo Mom said...

PD loved your comments as always. I agree about Helen and I am still mad about her sending her daughter home. And Beth, I am not sure how nice I am but thanks for thinking this. I am not a Tara fan either but I cannot decide who to pull for. I may lean toward yellow (mom power and such). Love the comments.

Joy said...

If I were on there, I'd rather be on Bob's team.