Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Play it again (and again, and again)

I was in the car, by myself, for over 12 hours this past weekend (6 hours to Savannah, 6 hours home) and I had the privilege of listening to whatever music I wanted to listen too. No husband telling me to change the station, no children begging for their "favorite" songs and I really was able to go back in time and listen to music that I had not hear d in years. You know you load songs on your Ipod but never have time to listen to what you have loaded. So I listened and here is a list of the songs that made me smile and want to sing along. Cheesy I know, old school (of course) but fun (hell yeah!).

"Alive" by Edwin McCain - Edwin used to play fraternity parties while I was in College. So much fun and this song makes me smile every time.

"Sweet Tea" by Cravin Melon - Ditto above note.

"Hold My Hand" by Hootie and the Blowfish - Ditto again. Hootie was college!

" Lucky " by Britany Spears - I don't know why I love this song but I do. It literally makes me long for the days when Britany was that innocent.

"T.R.O.U.B.L.E" by Travis Tritt - Fun country music that makes you want to remember how to clog.

"Man in the Mirror" by Michael Jackson - I have always loved this song and for some reason I know every word.

These are just a few of my list that really put a smile on my face in the car. I have so many more (I Will Survive, Celebration, Come Sail Away and so on....). Check these out if you can find them or make a list of your own. Always fun and I swear I am smiling just thinking about the people whizzing by me on I95 probably laughing their asses off at me singing to my "audience".

2 comments:

David Dust said...

I can just picture you JAMMING in your car. When I go home to PA, and get the chance to drive (which I can't do in NYC) - I LOVE to crank it up!!

XOXOXOXOXO

Tivo Mom said...

I am a wonderful singer (in my own mind)!