Monday, February 2, 2009

My New Happy Phase

I have been so down in the dumps lately and I feel as if every time you turn on the news, or call a friend something horrible is going on. My husband's company is laying off 15% of their workforce (thus far his job is secure, somewhat) and another friend is about to lose his house. So I decided that maybe I need to focus more on things that make me smile. Now I am not trying to make light of anything that anyone is going through; I just think that we need to remember that laughter (or just a smile) is definitely a good way to make it through the day. I am really going to focus on this in the next few weeks (as much as possible) and hope that all things (great and small) begin to look up just a bit.

2 comments:

the dogs' mother said...

Very little we can do, as individuals, about the overall picture - but we can change how we react to it. Just hope none of us has to react TOO much!!

Tivo Mom said...

I agree!!!!!