Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Does this make anyone else mad?

Octuplet Mom Accepting Online Donations of Cash & Credit Card (full story here)

I just think that this might be all a scam. Now I am naive and I will give and give if I think someone is in trouble but this woman knowingly took fertility drugs (already had 6 children) and now is cashing in. She is already on government help, has 8 more children and expects handouts. I know, I know I am not supposed to be judgemental but how can you not be? I have so many friends that would love just one child (and have tried for years) and this woman has 14 and cannot take care of them. I don't begrudge anyone a large family if that is what they want (and it is financially responsible) but in this situation it seems as if she might make money on the babies and I think that is wrong. By the way her website takes all major credit cards. Now seriously how does that make you feel?

4 comments:

the dogs' mother said...

In a word - stunned!

Tivo Mom said...

I thought I was being non pc because I felt this way.

Anonymous said...

Disgusted. I think that not only is she at fault, but the doctor that implanted her. I understand that it is a very small chance that all of the embryos would have implanted, but that fact that she is a "full time student", is living off food stamps, student loans and government funding for her 3 "disabled children", one has autism, the other 2 are ADHD i think, and then chose to go out and try to have ANOTHER child is just irresponsible to me. You have a child with autism, two hyperactive kids and 3 others who want you attention and you don't even have a well paying job? This woman is completely selfish and is only trying to fulfill her desire for a large family without thinking of her childrens best interests. I don't want these kids to suffer but I don't want to help her pay for her expected 2 millions dollar hospital bill either.

Joy said...

It makes me furious! How did she afford IVF? There has to be more to this.