Tuesday, October 28, 2008

The parents are coming...

I feel like the mantra in my head right now is "the parents are coming, the parents are coming" over and over. The house has to be clean, the children have to be well behaved, the dinners have to be cooked (and taste good) and the itinerary has to be set. I wonder if there will ever be a time (in this life) that I will not feel like I am 12 when my parents arrive on my doorstep? Even in my own house I still feel like a little girl who has to apologize for any misstep that I make. Prepare for the worst, hope for the best and be pleasantly surprised if it does not completely suck. I'll let you know.

3 comments:

David Dust said...

Good luck...

XOXOXOXO

Anonymous said...

1-2-3 afooof. Good luck. Beware, Pop is super tired and work has been pretty stressful for him lately. Give him some bourbon and try to take his mind off of work.

Joy said...

How's it going? Hope you have a good visit.